iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Using OSB for stickers

Started by Wallys World, September 01, 2009, 10:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wallys World

Has anybody tried using OSB for stickers? I have a bunch of 7/16" X 2" X 4' strips of OSB and want to try to use them as stickers. Would the glue in the OSB cause problems? I can keep getting these, they are off cut from making pallet tops where I work.   :P
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

logwalker

Other than the fact that they are too thin they will probably work.
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

js2743

just put two together if to thin.

backwoods sawyer

With the automatic stacks, we used a laminated sticker. It was basically 1½" thick plywood ripped down to ¾" strips. They held up better to all the handling by the machines then the hardwood stickers did, with no ill affects to the wood being dried. You may want to double them up to get enough air flow.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Thank You Sponsors!