iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hello sawmill pics help

Started by James P., September 07, 2009, 03:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James P.

Hello I uploaded my photos on saturday. they are in my gallery on the forum but I can't get my photo's link to show them. The page is blank and it says Mr. X. thanks for any help JamesP.

beenthere

I see pics now. Good job.  8)

Interesting mill setup. Looks like fun.

I'm wondering how the saw guides are set up. Are they behind the gullets and shanks?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

James P.

yes , out front of the blade below the board. Just low enough the carriage clears the outside quide.Board is hinged thanks to bandmiller2 and others. I was really hoping to setup a belt there but I haven't really seen that setup closely and I would have to make the rollers. I can easily lean out of my sawbooth (safely) and shove the board down the rolls. I didn't quite design it the way I wanted it to work . The slab falls over but the board by the saw holds edged boards up so I have to grab every one and lay it over. Get it off the saw. Not pinching or anything just 1 finger and it comes over. well I as Frank Sinatra would say. I did it my way! James P.

James P.

pics stii not there. upload a few more seems my pics are in my personal gallery. if someone could let me know how to change that. I have searched and the adding pics help tells me there should be a link that says images on the top of every forum page. I don't see it. thanks
James P.

Chico

My Daughter My sailor MY HERO God Bless all the men and Women fighting for us today If you see one stop and thank them

ErikC

Here's a little help just to whet people's appetite. You are a regular millwright by the looks of it, a lot of work in every aspect of this old mill. The picture thing is easy once they are in the album, just scroll down to where it says "click here to add this to your post" when looking at an individual picture. You already did the hard part. :)

Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

beenthere

Quote from: James P. on September 07, 2009, 05:32:38 PM
pics stii not there. upload a few more seems my pics are in my personal gallery. if someone could let me know how to change that. I have searched and the adding pics help tells me there should be a link that says images on the top of every forum page. I don't see it. thanks
James P.

Don't quite follow what you are having problem with.
Your pics are in your gallery.

If you want to include them in a post, the click on the blue words below this message box "Java Uploader" and another window comes up. Click on "My Gallery" and your gallery will pop up. Click on the pic you want, and it will come up full size. Scroll down below that pic, and you will see a green line something about "Click here to copy....." and that will put the URL into your message.

Like this...

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DR Buck

QuoteDon't quite follow what you are having problem with.
Your pics are in your gallery.

If you want to include them in a post, the click on the blue words below this message box "Java Uploader" and another window comes up. Click on "My Gallery" and your gallery will pop up. Click on the pic you want, and it will come up full size. Scroll down below that pic, and you will see a green line something about "Click here to copy....." and that will put the URL into your message.

Like this...

This post belongs in the food thread.   :D :D :D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

James P.

problem has been solved. Thanks to all for the help. those bass were good.
JamesP

bandmiller2

James you rascal you came on like a po country boy fumbling around with junk,you have a better setup than most of us,well done.Every circular mill is a custom one sometimes a simple nub or bracket will send the boards just where you want them.As yet i don't have an offbearers table ,far end of the board or slab just falls away from the saw A flipper moves them to the left.I usally cut alone so let a few pile up before i trot around the horn to sort.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

inspectorwoody

Nice mill James!  8)

Not what I pictured in my mind!  :D

Magicman

If that's the date on those pictures.....no wonder it's a modern setup...... ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Don K

Those big ol blades out in the open look scary to me, but I love the character they put into the lumber. Nice setup.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Don K

Wow, I just realized I finally made it to a thousand posts. That took about 4 yrs.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

James P.

Magicman I just noticed that. that is funny, well I just got a new used camera saturday. I guess they never set the date either.
Don , I am getting use to it again. I am more nervous about tearing something up. Today I realized I will leave badly knotted and crooked logs for firewood. Not worth tearing something up. I love it though .
Frank C I can show proof I am a po country boy, You haven't seen my house. trust me Jeff Foxworthy could use me in a joke, although I think of myself as a hillbilly from the the    wetlands , But in all seriousness I put my sawmill and workshop which gives me the most pleasure before everything else material. that said does the flipper you mentioned actually move . Like lines up behind splitter and hinged to knock board over to clear the saw .I think that will be my next modification. thanks
James P.

caz

Great pitchers James work fine on this end.
I have an arbor almost like that one,smaller belt pulley with blade if ya ever need another one LOL.

Thank You Sponsors!