iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

If I ask Santa for a resaw.....

Started by karl, November 29, 2007, 05:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl

Been thinking about a resaw for a bit.
Have seen the videos/specs on Baker, Morgan and a couple others that I can't remember right now.
I'm thinking along the lines of a portable gas/diesel unit(only have 3ph power @ the planer mill and want to be able to saw at the sawmill or shop or ?).
Need to be able to saw 10" wide.
Want to resaw EWC cants to bds/siding, split 8/4 WP to shiplap, resaw w ash to stakes.....whatever...

I need advice on brand, band width, wheel dia., bands, .....everything
Thanks
Karl

"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

Captain

Karl, contact Bull about his Baker A rsaw. I think it is still for sale.

Captain

customsawyer

I have a morgan resaw with a 16" wide cut, 24 hp gas engine for the blade and the hyd. run off of a 5 hp single ph. I am thinking about selling it. I bought it new in Jan. of 07 and have only run about 20 gal of gas through it. If you are interested send me a PM.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

bull

HO HO HO !!!! I might be feeling jolly !!
Captain my wifes says you are very right.......... the resaw is forsale.......   $8500
Baker PAQ w/ 20 HP honda..... only good for up to 8 inch widths

karl

That's what I like about this place- ask a few questions and opportunity knocks 8)

"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

Thank You Sponsors!