iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Crazy time for a shut down

Started by petefrom bearswamp, November 08, 2018, 08:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefrom bearswamp

Well I am now in the middle of my fall shutdown.
This one is longer than usual as we were gone last week for a vacation in Washington DC.
I usually transfer to my oil furnace during my week long hunting trip in the north country so my wife doesnt have to deal with the Classic.
She has a terrible time getting a good balance between boiling and getting too cool and losing the fire.
Costs us a little in fuel oil, but puts her mind at ease.
The old saying Happy wife, happy life.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

hedgerow

A couple times in the 10 years we have had the Garn I thought we were going to shut the Garn down and go to propane my wife doesn't like to fire it either. We had a out of town winter funeral that we were gone for a week when it was zero out and last winter I had heart surgery when it was 10 below out. Both times a buddy stopped by ever couple days and started the Garn up. A week after the surgery I would go out to the shed and help the wife get the Garn started. I always check the propane furnaces and hot water heater every fall to make sure they will work on propane it needed. Good luck with the hunting I have two out of town buddy's coming to the farm Friday for a week to white tail deer hunt. The Garn buddy will be around also. Maybe if they get done deer hunting early I get them to help split some wood LOL

mike_belben

Tell em youll make the jerky if they split and stack.  
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!