iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pallet Firewood

Started by luvmexfood, March 23, 2014, 10:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvmexfood

Anyone have any experience or good ideas on trying to sell firewood by the pallet to retail outlets that have a forklift to load for customers?
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Local4Fitter

I thought your post was about burning pallets which I did my fair share of last year when I ran out of wood.
1974 John Deere 510, Wood fired pizza oven,2005 Dodge/Cummins,Firearms for all occasions.

Oliver1655

I think you might have a problem with chain stores.  Risk of liability of wood carrying insects & requirements for hauling because of the risk will make them very reluctant.

Do you have a kiln to use to dry / help kill the insects?  I really don't know what hoops they will make you jump through.
John

Stihl S-08s (x2), Stihl S10 (x2), Jonsered CS2139T, Husqvarna 338XPT California, Poulan Microvibe XXV, Poulan WoodShark, Poulan Pro 42cc, McCulloch Mini-Mac 6 (x2), Van Ruder Hydraulic Tractor Chainsaw

skinnyest

Im trying to get into the bundled firewood business too.So far the smaller mom and pop shops seem to be a lot better to work with.Every larger chain place I talked to wont work with just your local store,you have to go for all there stores.Thats just more than I want right now.Evnetually I want to get into campgroungs but I want to get the bugs worked out of my system first.For now im approaching smaller stores that are locally owned and don't carry it.(seems like every chain store already does) Im trying bait and tackle shops,beer disturbuiters smaller gas stations etc.we will see what happens

Thank You Sponsors!