iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Boiling water in a drum, Dang or anyone that has boiled water over wood fire.

Started by SwampDonkey, January 06, 2010, 06:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

I think it's working now. Like Jeff said, too much water. Don't need it. Also like mentioned, need to make contact with the stove better between can and hot spot on stove. I have a couple or three gallons in the boiler now and it is boiling rapidly like I want.  I will be on the look out for another can this summer a bit smaller, closer to 5 gallon (or when ever). The pipe from the boiler to the steamer is hot to touch, even with gloves. I'm getting a lot of condensation coming from the end plug where the vent is. Which is good. And the steal, which has 2" of spray foam insulation is to hot to touch, even on the far end where the drain is, and that's 8 feet from the steam pipe.   :o I have a couple little bare spots between the foam to stick my finger into next to steal.

Thanks for everyone's insights and all the kidding around parts to.  :)

Going to take my test piece out in an hour to bend. Just going to do a quick clamp on the table saw to see how she does.

Cooking wood with wood, nothing better. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

SwampDonkey

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Don_Papenburg

Swampy , I tilted my steambox so that the condensate ran back down the steam pipe to be reheated . less filling up needed .

I hope you do not break your ash.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

SwampDonkey

Got lots of steam Don, for what I'm steaming. I do collect it in the bucket on the floor. But even after this first run there wasn't much water in the pale. There was almost a steady drip, but not like a tap flowing.

This piece I deliberately put the hurt on it to see what she'd stand. After going beyond a 90 degree turn there was some fibre separation on the back side.

pigman

QuoteThanks for everyone's insights and all the kidding around parts to.
I am always willing to help any way I can. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

WDH

SD,

You could get a better boiler, the kind with that spiral copper tubing coming out of the top, and then when you are finished with your wood project, you could get some of that Iowa corn or some left over potatoes and then.........Oh wait..........Forget that, it will just get you into more trouble  :).

If that stove was from Georgia, then it would instinctively know how to do what I was about to tell you to do before I decided not to tell you to do it.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!