iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Latest Job

Started by CALSAW, September 02, 2006, 05:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CALSAW

Here's my latest job. Cutting some little redwood logs.
This one is 20'x5' dib.

Here's a close up of some 20' 1x10", clear vg, this will be used for siding on a 100 year old cabin that is being remodeled. I cut 1400' lineal of this stuff, my first experiance double cutting.
Lucas 827 w/ slabber

Sprucegum

mike_van

Theres a log I wouldn't want to turn by hand -  :D  Thanks calsaw - good photo -
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

thecfarm

Nice looking lumber you have there.Were the logs laying around for a while?Did they come off your land?I noticed the bark is gone of the log.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

CALSAW

Hello everyone,
The logs were on the ground about four years. They were saved out the last time this tract was logged. The owners selects. Not mine. :(  After four years the bark is pretty loose, we peeled it off with the forks on the tractor. Logs this big aren't too common around here anymore, neither is logging. They were doing a selective cut on this property while I was sawing, faller said anything above 36" is "big" these days.

Matt
Lucas 827 w/ slabber

Left Coast Chris

Very nice log......... :o   I recently sawed some old growth redwood drift wood.....it was very dark red.  My neighbor had me resaw some 3x12 redwood boards also.  What a joy to saw.... similar to cedar and light to handle.  Had to wear a dust mask though...very fine sawdust from my bandsaw.  I used an old blade on the drift wood since it let out an occasional spark due to the impregnated sand (ouch).    Love the wood. ;D
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Thank You Sponsors!