iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

664b Clark Ranger Questions about the transmission

Started by delimberboy, October 13, 2015, 02:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delimberboy

Hi I have a 664B Clark Ranger Skidder and I need a new transmission so I found one but my skidder has the clark winch and the transmission I want to buy is out of a 664b Clark but it has a gearmatic winch and I know the clark winches run off tranny fluid and the gearmatic is all run by bands and I noticed there is less hoses running from the tranny to the winch on the gearmatic. So I was wondering if the gearmmatic tranny will fit because I was told it still has all the fittings to hook up to mine tranny because they are all made the same but I just want to make sure cause I don't want to spend a bunch of money if it ant going to work. Thanks

treeslayer2003

stay with the clark winch, its much better. the transmissions are the same so adapt the plumbing from your trans to the new one. there is one difference, the pressure relief valve on the side of the converter is set lower for gearmatic equipped machines. so just swap out yours.

how do you know the trans is bad? could just be the fly wheel gear [fiber] also those will stall under 1900rpm, your engine must be tuned correctly.

rockwall

delimberboy

Oh yeah i always will stay with the clark winch been running them for 30 years and this is the first problem we have ever had with them. About the tranny what happened is the bearings fell out of the case and it beat the case all to pieces and it isn't fixable. Thanks for the help glad to know all the now.

treeslayer2003

i see. i would just leave the converter if it is fine. like i say, you can just transfer your winch plumbing to the new trans. it may have plugs where you will need a fitting.

where are you at? i have a good case.

delimberboy

treeslayer2003

lol, you ain't gonna pop down here for a core then.

vatkins

Hey guys! Any of you know the seal numbers n bearing numbers for the lower rear drive shaft end on a 24-20 2 speed Clark tranny. Mine is leaking and would like to have parts before tearing it apart.

Thank You Sponsors!