iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Suffolk dual tooth setter

Started by barbender, May 24, 2013, 11:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

Does anyone have experience with the suffolk dual tooth setter? I was looking at some used ones for reasonable money, but I know nothing about them.
Too many irons in the fire

vt k-9

I own one and I recommend it.  I have used it for 11 yrs  with no problems at all. It's easy to use and it is very accurate. 
will

Fla._Deadheader

What blades are you using it on ? Some blades are pretty stiff to set the teeth ?
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

barbender

WM doublehards and silvertips, .045 and soon .055. I thought I read they were finicky to set up or adjust. I'll have to do a search. Vt-k9, what blades are you using yours on?

1938farmall

i have this setter & it works well.  suffolk suggests leaving .160" of tooth above the anvil to get a consistent set.  i set after i grind, fwiw.  ag
aka oldnorskie

slider

I have had one for years and it"s been a great tool .If yours does not come with dial indicators I would suggest picking up a hand held one.Cooks has them.
al glenn

barbender

A couple more questions- Would these set .055 blades ok, and would $500 be a decent price for a used one in good shape? I couldn't find the price of the new ones on Suffolk's web site.

Thank You Sponsors!