iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats this?

Started by jeff, July 20, 2001, 11:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

If somebody gets this, I MIGHT send you something. If Don Staples comes in and slam bam thank you mam gets it. I am going to Texas and get the last hat back! ;)

What do you guys figure the story is here?

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Roger_T

looks like someone was either drilling through a piece of sheet metal and when he punched through, the nib that was left got ground into a piece of wood.  Or on the converse, was drilling a piece of wood, and happened to run into a piece of metal in the wood.

Do I win? Do I win?    :D   :D   :D

Roger

Tom

I was thinking that it may be a jacketed bullet in a tree, but it that is a finger then the "bullet" would be too big for sportsman unless it is at an angle.

The layers look like coaxial cable, kinda,maybe, sorta.  I don't know of any coax that big.

The figure in the center looks like a stylized bird in flight. if it were bigger I would suspect a hubcap :D

It could be a marble,maybe a catseye.  I can't imagine a marble not shattering though.  That would explain the different layers and the shine could be glass rather than metal.

I tried to enlarge it but the definition didn't allow it so I guess we are relegated to guessing.  :-/

marc

To me that may be a bolt and washer that was cut flush with the washer and throw the bolt.  :o

Jeff

:D This is great! Missing by a mile. That is my finger in the picture to the left by the way. This actually has to do with wood and sawing, but in a way you might never consider. Maybe putting this to scale will help. The oval portion of the picture is probably about 15 inches the long way. This is something that I come in contact with everyday I saw. It looks quite different now then it would have, say, 16 years ago.

Jeff

You guys give up?? It took me years and years to be able to show you this and you just give up??

Gordon

Ok, if it's not a hubcap and you come into contact with it every day. It's either a sawblade or a steering wheel. But it could be a horseshoe.

The size of the picture makes it hard for me to really see it good. Any excuse is a good excuse.
Gordon

Ron Wenrich

Gordon:

He only comes in contact with it on days he saws.  Means it has something to do with a sawmill.

Different than 16 years ago - hmmm.   :-/  Might have to do with joysticks, but they were out in the 60's.  Before that they were wood.

Only recent inovations have been computers and laser lights.  Jeff comes in contact with computers everyday.

Laser lights used to be pretty long.  They just shortened them within the past 5 years or so.  
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Jeff

The oval in the picture is depressed over 1/2 inch in the center, not raised, . It would be beneath me to tell you what this is yet...

Gordon

A seat//stool top~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I won 8) 8) 8)

You come in contact with it everyday and it's beneath you.
Gordon

LeeB

coke bottle maybe? ::)
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Jeff

NOPE TO ALL SO FAR! 8) good guess Gordon, but no cigar.

Jeff

another clue:
There are two. They are a pair, but they oppose each other.

Gordon

I thought about this at work today and it has to be a shoe!!! Well a boot not a shoe. Steel shank. This time I know I got it---yea baby.

With the hint that you gave last it's a done deal.

Gordon

Jeff

Very close, but no. But VERY VERY CLOSE! The picture is not of the shoe...

Gordon

There is no way you could wear out your foot pedals that bad is there?

I'm lost now
Gordon

Tom

Still looks like a hubcap :-/

Jeff

Gordon, your close enough!

The picture is of the spot on the plywood floor where my foot rests. Over the years it has worn through 5 or 6 layers of plywood. Just from moving them back and forth to the foot pedals. The depression looks like it has been finely polished, it is so smooth and shiney. I am almost all the way through the 3/4 inch floor to the steel underflooring. T

Think about if, go outside, find a peice of plywood, and see how long it takes to rub a hole in it just by sliding your foot back and forth in the middle! I have spent way to many hours in there!

Gordon

Tom I'm about out of guesses. Thought I was on to something a couple of times. Well least I was guessin. But if it's not a shoe or boot it's got to be a footpedal. I think, I hope, well maybe, it could be, sort of I guess.???

Gordon

Gordon

Now that is some shoe scuffing. Yes alot of wear and tons of hours to wear plywood like that. But Jeff thats your hole in life at least for the time being. I was thinking floor but said no way. Go figure.

Cool picture

Gordon

Tom

When or if they repair the floor you need to salvage that part of it and mount it on a wall in your den.

Bye the way..is that picture sideways?

way to go Gordon  I would have never figured it out.

Kevin

That`s what happens when you drag your feet eh?  :D

Jeff

No Tom, the picture is not sideways, my feet, like yours are longer then they are wide, at least I hope yours are! :D

Tom

Your feet are longer than they are wide??

Mine aren't.  

Down here in the swamp long narrow feet will have you knee deep in the muck.  Mine are good and wide.  They float me over most everything.  

I guess you folks must be bred for the snow.  Seems to me I saw a TV show where folks had these long, thin things on their feet so they could get down hill. That design must work pretty good.  Ya'll have to use those big ole wide tennis rackets on your feet too. Do you suppose we've become evolutionarily superior when it comes to feet? :D

Kevin

Jeff;
My first guess was it looked like it could have been the main seal from your bumper dumper.  :D :D :D

Southside

So Jeff -

Did you ever get to keep this piece of flooring when you left the mill?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Jeff

Sure, I still have it here in my polebarn.

Wudman

Quote from: Jeff on July 24, 2001, 08:07:55 PM
Gordon, your close enough!

The picture is of the spot on the plywood floor where my foot rests. Over the years it has worn through 5 or 6 layers of plywood. Just from moving them back and forth to the foot pedals. The depression looks like it has been finely polished, it is so smooth and shiney. I am almost all the way through the 3/4 inch floor to the steel underflooring. T

Think about if, go outside, find a peice of plywood, and see how long it takes to rub a hole in it just by sliding your foot back and forth in the middle! I have spent way to many hours in there!
A member of the church that my wife grew up in sat in the same pew for 50+ years.  He tended to shuffle his feet and had a hole worn into the floor.  He passed away a few years back.  The church recently went though a renovation and refinished the floors.......but they left his seat and floor space as it was.

Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Thank You Sponsors!