iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sliding party!

Started by DeerMeadowFarm, February 05, 2015, 11:20:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeerMeadowFarm

Every year I make a sliding luge at our house so all our friends and their kids can enjoy the winter. I made this year's path this past Sunday and my wife clocked my daughter and I at 20 MPH so the path is pretty decent! I use the snowblower on my tractor to make a row of snow on both sides of the path to give the luge some wall height. Then, I snowshoe down the middle a few times to pack it down. Then, we slide. As the track gets faster, I often have to break out the tractor to bucket some snow on the corners.

This is older footage, but a friend of ours created a little blog to showcase some of the videos and pics. Just thought I'd share! Enjoy!
http://debandrichsleddingadventure.blogspot.com/

thecfarm

Sliding!! How I enjoy it. Kids at the store buy sleds and I ask them if they will buy me one so I can join them. They see this old guy and wonder why I want to go.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

Here we call it "sledding" same difference though.  We usually wait until we're all sick and tired of pushing it, feeding livestock in it, getting stuck in it, etc. etc. then we decide to have fun with it!  I love sledding and watching 30-40 little kids all take off at once is hilarious, we did learn very fast the first time around though that all vehicles and the bonfire need to be at the TOP of the hill  :D.  You got me thinking now, we haven't done it yet this winter, thanks DMF. 

beenthere

I didn't see a single "sled" in the video's that I watched. So maybe "tubing" would be the name.. ;D

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ljohnsaw

Very nice run!  From the angle, it looked like it was flat, but they sure get going fast!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

DeerMeadowFarm

Oh it's anything but flat, which makes it hard for every other thing I do (hay, logging, etc.) but it makes for good sliding/tubing!

Magicman

Looks like much family fun !!!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DeerMeadowFarm

Party was a success. We had 35 people (adults and kids) sliding all day. Lot's of fun! When the majority of the people left, me, my wife, daughter, nephew, his girlfriend and niece went out for some night sliding. We hooked all the tubes together in a train, my niece sat up front with a head lamp on and down we went! With the temperatures dropping at night and the weight of 5 adults and our 11 year old daughter, we FLEW!  ;D

sawguy21

;D That brings back good memories. The kids went until they couldn't keep their eyes open then Aw c'mon mom, just one more run. We had to carry them to the house.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!