iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Loosing Memory

Started by Magicman, January 01, 2019, 07:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Loosing my memory?  Nope, not me.  I remember last year like it was only yesterday.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Onthesauk

But can't remember what I had for breakfast!
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

WV Sawmiller

Yeah we like to joke about it. In fact I often say my memory was the second thing to go and I can't remember what the first was.

Unfortunately for those actually losing their memories it is not so funny. My BIL is at that stage and is pitiful to see. I can not even imagine what that must be like.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

LeeB

I remember yesterday twice.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

mike_belben

I got a jack handle to the head only a few months after a tire iron nearly cost me an eye.  The short term memory function suffered noticeably after.  I have a hard time sorting out recent reality from a dream.  Long term is pretty great, still remember childhood and stuff like that well.  Walk into a room with a purpose then like a switch the purpose goes blank and i just stare.  Or have a conversation with someone and an hour later its like it never happened.  Then a week later itll fade back in patchy and i struggle to piece it together like recalling an actual dream as it slips away. 

History, events and mechanical stuff has all stayed intact.  Just day to day what did i do with my phone?  Was i in the shed today?   Total blanks. 
Praise The Lord

tree-farmer

Don't think I'm losing my memory yet but when asked if I believe in the hereafter, is say sure, I'm always walking into a room and saying, "what am I here after".... :D
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

WV Sawmiller

That reminds me when people ask if I believe in reincarnation. I tell the "No. I used to but that was in my other life." :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Gearbox

I had a TBI in 2009 took a 6 inch Red Oak limb to the top of my head from about 20 ft up . Lost a lot of short term memory . I struggled with night mares every night until the doctor put me on a Benadryl before bed has helped a lot .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

mike_belben

Yeah that would do it.   No helmet?
Praise The Lord

TACOMATODD

The Dr has me on some meds for my MS. My PCP refers to them as stupid pills. I know what I want to say, but can't recall the word that I'm after. At least they take care of the spasms related to this. Trigeminal Neuralgia. Look it up.
Trying harder everyday

ponderosae

I forgot how to spell loosing. Maybe this means I'm wining.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Weekend_Sawyer

I have been more forgetful than ever. It seems to be building up more and more since I started building my house. I don't think anything is wrong internally I just believe its because I have more going on in my life than ever and I always was forgetful. That's what I'm hoping.
I make a lot of lists.
Sometimes I loose these lists but it helps just making them.
Right now I have no idea where my main set of truck keys are.
Lucky I did know where my second set was.
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Southside

What was the original subject of this post?  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

BradMarks

Doesn't "loosing" my memory mean it's rattling around in there, and "losing" my memory means it's gone? ;D ;D

Weekend_Sawyer

I found my truck keys by the wood stove.
I have no Idea why I put them there.
I lost my jacket.
I guess you just can't have everything at once.

Jon

LeeB

Were your keys in your jacket before you took them out? Check the stove. :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Jeff

I'm afraid I can't make any jokes on the topic as it hits to close anymore :-\
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

I have certain places for certain things. I got sick of looking for things that if I put them there I would see them easily. ::)  I can put something down in plain sight and look for it for 15 minutes.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Don P

We both went up and down the ladder yesterday looking for the square, yup we had to walk by it to get to the ladder ::). I have a great memory, its just short.

square1

Quote from: Magicman on January 01, 2019, 07:04:20 PM
Loosing my memory?  Nope, not me.  I remember last year like it was only yesterday.   :)
You do realize you posted almost this exact same thing last week don't you? ;)

thecfarm

I have to put things in ceratin places,like my keys. I hate looking for something that I put in plain sight for me to see. :D  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ed_K

We ate late last night cause I forgot to put the roast in the oven ::) musteat_1 .
Ed K

Jeff

My mom died of dementia, my sister Connie died from early onset alzheimers. My sister Ann was diagnosed with alzheimers earlier this past summer.  Every time I have trouble remembering I worry about this. I did the 23 and me to see if I had any genetic predisposition toit but thankfully it came up negative.  I am hoping my troubles the last year or so is just normal aging, but I struggle with things that use to be easy. There is no more multi tasking for me. I used to be able to think about several things as the same time.  My memory and the problems with my vision has brought a near end to my ability to build websites because it is a very real struggle.  It effects me here. I think I have posted on something or answered something and find that either I screwed it up or never did it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Weekend_Sawyer

Jeff,

I am hoping that your troubles are temporary.
No one in my family has had dementia or altimeters but I have lost more words and thoughts than ever. I am blaming it on how busy I am but there's a little nagging thought in the back of my head that it might be something more.

Here's to a long and cognizant life.

Jon

Thank You Sponsors!