iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Which Pole Saw To Buy?

Started by Old_Town, July 29, 2004, 02:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old_Town

Good afternoon,
If y'all were going to buy a pole saw or power pruner which would it be? I have been looking at the Echo, Stihl, and Husqvarna. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
T

beenthere

I can only speak for the Stihl. It has been a good performer over the years, and I have no reason to not support it as a good choice. Not familiar with any others, nor of those on the present market.
Good luck with your decision. They sure beat reaching into the air with a manual pole saw.   ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Kevin

Try a search, we had a discussion on this in the past and you might find something of interest.

Old_Town

Thanks. I can't wait to get one.

rebocardo

Going through the Stihl and Husky books, I noticed Stihl is the only one to offer a saw with a 30 degree pivot on the pole.

One thing I hate about using the electric pole saws from the ground is having the branch fall right towards you or worse, pivoting back towards you. Mainly because you can not notch it properly with a pole that is basically a straight bar. So, you end up having to tie the branch off to trim it off safely.

Bobcat_pa

I just bought another Stihl pole saw.   This is the HT-101 with the new 4-mix engine.   An excellent piece of equipment.   I do not have a single complaint (rare for me).  

Thank You Sponsors!