iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2 - 3 1/2 lb Chuck Roasts on Kamado!

Started by martyinmi, July 29, 2012, 01:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martyinmi

Ya'll ever grill roasts on your Kamado's? My bride and I are going to experiment this afternoon. Season, wrap in foil, slow cook @ 225-275 for 3-4 hours, open up and smoke with maple chunks @ for another hour or so @ 275-325. We'll throw in some Redskins with Olive oil & garlic on in the last hour and a half. She's also talking about some grilled veggies(squash & zucchini) too. Just told her bring home a dozen BL Platinum's when she buys the veggies.

Any suggestions on the preparations? :P

Patty- Is 12 Platinum's enough for you and Norm on a Sunday afternoon cookout? :D

No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

Clam77

That sounds good...  the roasts might need a lil moisture though or they're gonna dry out..   :-\

:D  and no.. 12 wouldn't be enough for me either..    :D 
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

martyinmi

We found out that four hours was not enough time to slow cook the roasts @ 225*. They still tasted awesome, were very moist, but they were a little tough. The vegetables, however, came out perfect. 8)

My son and I did some weeding in the garden and put up our electric fence around the corn to keep the coons out, so the beer consumption part of my experiment will have to wait for another day. :'(
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

Norm

I did one earlier this year Marty.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,56661.0.html

I was surprised at how long it takes to make beef tender also.

Weekend_Sawyer

I did a tri-tip this weekend. The flavor was very good and it was tender enough, I only had it on for 2 hours at 275 - 300.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Raider Bill

I always smoke first then foil. The smoke locks in the moisture allowing the meat to break down and make it tender.
For beef roasts try adding a bit of black coffee when you foil. Apple juice for pork.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Patty

Geeeesh Marty, that is kind of a personal question......what next, are you gonna ask me how much I weigh too???  :D :D :D

No, a 12 pack is not nearly enough, by the way, especially if you expect me to share!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

sandhills

They package beer in that small of boxes?   :D :D

Clam77

They USED to go clear down to the 6-packs... for the light-weights..    :D
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

thecfarm

You can have the beer and veggies,I want to see the beef!!!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!