iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

john deere 540b parts

Started by nyyounggun16, November 28, 2014, 06:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyyounggun16

I have a broken torsion spring in my winch control valve a deere discontinued the part having a hard time finding someplace with any parts for them any ideas where to look? Thank you

Maine logger88

Those are hard to come by mine acted up a while back I eventually found one from a guy in levant. Also Harrolds logging might have one. If you need the numbers I can pm them to you. If you could find a control valve off a D series there a lot better. Deere quoted me 2800 for a new one tho but maybe you could find a used one.
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

nyyounggun16

Thanks mainelogger if you could pm that number I would appreciate it,ive called a few salvage places,lots closed today with the holiday the ones that I did get a hold of wanted to sell me a whole one which my be the only option but going to exhaust my efforts to find the spring

Maine logger88

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

nyyounggun16

Southside

I found a very hard to find IP drive shaft for my 540A at Wally's Private Parts in Sorrento, BC.  They were excellent to deal with, responded to e-mail inquiry. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

nyyounggun16

Duhnis

Try PB&H in Antrim, New Hampshire.
These guys specialize in older J.D. equipment

Holmes

google "torsion springs" I found a few companies that have, make, all styles of them.
Think like a farmer.

Thank You Sponsors!