iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

No Mill Yet...Yet, No Problem.

Started by tcsmpsi, May 04, 2006, 06:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcsmpsi

Seems that I (and my family) are not in the least deprived of it.

Darling little wife was telling me that when asking one of the children of my whereabouts, she told her that ol' Dad is out looking at trees again. 
And, I'm caught waiting on traffic or in light traffic eyeballing/sizing up trees, bringing laughter from my permanent female partner.

I've made my confessions.  "Yes, I have lusted after trees."

Every now and then, I call asking if my mill is ready yet.  Again, bringing laughter.

Well, I am sooooo glad that I bring such joy to so many.  :D

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Grappletractor

Ok, I'm lost, what brand-size mill have you ordered and how long has it been ?

tcsmpsi

It's one of those little-bitty yellow mills.  Well, as little as those folks make, anyhow.   Now that it's brought to mind, having toured the plant, about the only thing that really struck me as little, was the sales office.

Actually, it has been 4 weeks since we struck the deal.  Of course, part of the deal was my knowing it would be "6-8 weeks" before it would be ready.

Admittedly, the laughter created when I call about it's place in line, is mutually created.  It was one of the other stipulations of the deal, that I would call from time to time and harass them.  Mercilessly.   :D

With my permanent female partner, well, it always brightens her moment to be able to read what I'm doing/thinking, so that laughter, too, is of mutual benefit.

This year has been a rather transitional period, in which we have put into motion several projects/applications/investments/decisions, some of which have been brewing for many years. 

Since I work my 'day job' at least 6 days a week, the bathroom, dining room and vehicle/equipment cover addition, building the proper tools for the new tractor and trailer, clearing at least a temporary (minimal) spot for mill set up, has all been keeping me quite busy to accomplish before the "6-8 weeks" arrives. 

We looked around the other day, and realized this last (thusfar) batch of children in the house have and are reaching the Driving Age.  Of course, in my infinate wisdom, I strongly suggested we let them drive stakes, if they want to drive.  My wife humored me...for a moment.  Seems the children will be using her current vehicle, and we have had her one ordered for about as long as the mill. 

She says they will most likely call the same day (one is 50 mi away and the other about 200 mi. one north the other south)(oh yeah, she works at least 6 days a week at her day job, as well)

During my spare time, I have been searching through pages and archives of the FF (pagewise, I am back around p 62 in this forum), and trying to work on the picture posting procedure ( I have managed to actually get a couple to my gallery, but the quality needs improvement).

I have leaned a lot, about milling procedures, etc., and about those within the  forum. 

Since I've only been in the form for about 5 weeks, I had a lot of catching up to do.   ;D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

tcsmpsi

Grappletractor,

I did not mean to seem vague about the mill (my reading it, felt like it could have seemed that way)(and, being a bit skiddish in talking much about an 'unsponsored' manufacturer).

It is a Log Master LM1, manual, 13 hp Kohler, 30"X 18' cutting capability with trailer package.  It is within my immediate budget/application, manufacturer is about 190 mi round trip with plenty of support,  it's heavy duty and simply built where I can work on/with it utilizing mostly readily available material.

I studied a lot of the mills, and they all had/have things I liked.

Any of LogMaster's larger mills have 3-4 times the wait as mine.

I've worked myself to the point where, before I proceed with projects at hand, I have to start cutting some trees.  I would start this evening when I get there, but we have "strong Storms" on the horizon through the nite.
Tomorrow though, if it clears, I have about 20 14"-20" SYPs that have to go immediately just to continue the roof on my addition and have a spot with minimal clearance for the mill as a temporary maneuver.

So, the 6-8 week wait, has not really been a wait at all.  Much.  Sort of.  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!