iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

She got her limit!

Started by fishpharmer, January 31, 2011, 08:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpharmer

This past fall my daughter killed her first buck, a respectable 8 point.

Well she has become a very persistent hunter and loves every minute of it.  Santa brought her a new rifle at Christmas.  She wanted to hunt every chance I could take her.   It's all I can do to keep her from shooting the does.  I keep telling her "leave them, the bucks will come visit does.  Then you shoot the bucks."  After many days of saving doe lives.........it happened.  A big buck walked out of the woods and started toward the does.  He didn't make it.  My daughter had shot her second buck, a very large bodied 7 point buck.  It would have been an nice 8 point but a tine was broke.  That was a Thursday afternoon.  Saturday afternoon another big buck emerged from the woods........this guy....

A nice 11 point with a broken brow tine.  We had it scored today for the local big buck contest.  138  5/8 gives it third place and wins my daughter a .22 rifle.

I happened to have a trailer behind my truck, moving hay, so we pulled the big boy up there and took some pics.  It was real cold during those days and I had the head from her previous 7 point deer in my truck.  So I put it up next to the 11 point.

She is proud and I'm very proud of her, she's my hunting buddy.  And the new rifle works great.  She took her first limit of 3 bucks in Mississippi.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

WDH

Holy Pine Beetle!

That rocks  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mooseherder

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Raider Bill

Wow!

Theres people that never get 3 buck their whole life.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Ron Scott

~Ron

isawlogs

WooHoo  !!!!   Congratulations, those sure are nice deer I would be proud of um too 8)   8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Reddog

Banjo picker

Very nice indeed.  I know you are just as proud as she is...Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Magicman

Yes !!!  Congratulations to the Daughter, and to you for guiding her in the right direction.  I'm happy for both of you.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

CX3

Nice bucks for sure.  I hope she continues to be an outdoorswoman her whole life.  There are beginning to be fewer and fewer folks enjoying the old ways.
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Tom

That's pure happy on her face.  You can't fake that.  :)
You're a good Daddy.

Texas Ranger

Good on ya, and great for the daughter,  days like that are seldom forgotten, and will be touch stones for the rest of your lives. 
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SwampDonkey

Yes, those are dandies. Your daughter must have a good guide. ;) 8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ErikC

That is how to do it alright.  :o If that doesn't get her hooked, nothing will. :)

NICE JOB!!!!
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

jdtuttle

That's great, congratulations. My daughter archery hunts with me. It's some of the most precious time we spend together.
jim
Have a great day

Burlkraft

Way ta go James.

Just look at the smile on her face!

Ya just can't make stuff like that up!  8) 8) 8)

You gotta be one proud Dad  ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

thecfarm

That is some nice shooting.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

Congratulations to both of you!  As stated before, you can't fake that.  Good job dad.

Norm

Wow I'd be smiling ear to ear too!

Way to go Dad.  :)

Roxie

Great pictures!  That's some fine shooting!   8)
Say when

Raider Bill

Maybe I can send my Son up there for hunting lessons.

pigman

That's great James. It will be hard for her to top this season's hunt.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Chuck White

That's really great!

We need more young people to get into hunting! 
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

pineywoods

Quote from: Chuck White on February 01, 2011, 09:31:03 AM
That's really great!

We need more young people to get into hunting! 

Local sheriff gives away a real nice bumper sticker that says it all

Kids who hunt and fish don't steal and deal
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Raider Bill

That's a great bumper sticker and pretty true.

Don K

Those are nice James. That will be hard to top next year. I see she is very excited. The boys in her class will be jealous. ;D

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

ely

that is a good show on everyones part. congrats on the hunting partner.

Radar67

I've wondered where you been keeping yourself Fish. Those are some nice bucks. You won't have to worry about boyfriends for a while, as Don said, they will be too jealous of her.  :)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

clww

A great smile to go along with a great deer. I'll bet Dad was smiling, too! 8) 8) 8)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

metalspinner

Quotethe bucks will come visit does.  Then you shoot the bucks."

Those are words every father of a daughter live by. :D

Congrats on the great score! :)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Raider Bill

SwampDonkey

Quote from: metalspinner on February 01, 2011, 01:20:21 PM
Quotethe bucks will come visit does.  Then you shoot the bucks."

Those are words every father of a daughter live by. :D

Congrats on the great score! :)

I got a kick out that to. :D :D

Remember the "Seinfeld" show where Kramer and Newman were taking bottles and cans to Michigan for the 10 cent refund driving the mail truck? Kramer ditches Newman and he ends up on the farm with a gun tote'n dad and his daughter. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

fishpharmer

Thanks for the kind words everyone.  My hunting buddy and I both appreciate it. 8)

The bar is set high for sure, hope she's not disappointed with deer hunting from now on.  

Funny, she has already said she wants to take an Elk and a Moose someday. Looking forward to that. 8)

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

isawlogs

:D Way ta go girl !!!!  Keep the old man busy guiding  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Mooseherder

If you're ready, sign up for the Moose lottery. :)
Pappy just sent me this link. Bagging a Moose will be easier than winning a chance in the lottery.

http://www.maine.gov/tools/whatsnew/index.php?topic=IFW_News&id=190334&v=article

Burlkraft

Quote from: fishpharmer on February 02, 2011, 07:51:16 PM
Funny, she has already said she wants to take an Elk and a Moose someday. Looking forward to that. 8)

You will then have to change yer name from FishFarmer to Chirpa Dad   :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Thank You Sponsors!