iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Greetings from Florida!

Started by Jeff, February 02, 2006, 10:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbowl

Tom picks the last persimmon from his tree - 2006

This persimmon sure is good! Yall' want a taste?

Corley5 - I'll try some ........ Hmmmmm ....... I don't believe I've ever tasted anything quite like that.

Jeff B - Let me taste of this thing. Look at DanG in the background. He was a saying that he hoped it was a green persimmon.

It's got a good taste, but it sure is messy and mushy.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Corley5

Taste sorta reminiscent of pumpkin.  Texture sorta like slime ;) ;D :)  Not bad though.  We thought it might be good spread on toast :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

Yep, maybe good on toast. For flavor I give it an 8 for texture I give it a 1. bleck! I'm suspectin there are to be some grits photos coming soon now... 8)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

woodbowl

Grits photos?  Oh yea! ........... I got a few photo's of Jeff eating grits. I'm not sure if anyone wants to see em' though.

Does anybody want to see the pics of Jeff eating grits?
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Jeff

woodbowl

It took several trys to get a picture of Jeff eating grits. You can just about read his mind in this one. ................  I know you have a camera. I know what your trying to do.

Jeff

I gotta say, that Tom works wonders with ground up corn. He put a big pat of butter in the center of my helping of grits and Gods honest truth, I was looking for more when mine were gone. I even asked Tom if we could have them again before I came home, and ya know what, I DIDN'T GET EM! >:(

woodbowl

Toms got two salt shakers. One is a little taller than the other. You all had the short one on the other side of the table. I got the taller one and salted my grits.  ................ It wasn't salt.  It was sugar. .. YUK

Tom

It's sure fun cooking for fellows that like to eat.  See that bearded fellow on the other side of the table?   He didn't say much 'cause his mouth was full.  

I honestly wanted to fix another breakfast or something so that Jeff could have some more "Tom" grits but the opportunity didn't arise.  It was a real compliment when he said, "I'd like some more grits but their gone."  Usually I fix too many.  I was real proud of myself for fixing a batch that put a heaping amount on everybody's plate and made the pot empty.  Wish I had  made more now.  :D

Now, Woodbowl?   You know that weren't no salt shaker.   It was a big round jar with a flapper cap on top.  I didn't see how much sugar you got on your grits.  Was it a lot?   You might have to come back over sometime and get another serving to make up for it.  :)

woodbowl

Big round Jar? ........ No, it was like a taller shaker. I thought it shook out a little funny. I didn't get much on them, just enough to let me know it was sugar.

It sure got quiet there for a while after we started eating. Eating breakfast at 4:00 in the afternoon sorta' does that. It looks like DanG has his mind on his buisness.

Jeff

Those photos sure do make me lonesome for that morning Day. Amazing what a good time us coots had just sitting around talking. We didnt get to breakfast until afternoon and after probably 6 pots of coffee, and didnt even get outside until well after 4:00

iain

Man oh man, old coot's puttering about

iain (over qualified, but still packing his bags ;))

woodbowl

Walking through Tom's woods and all of a sudden Jeff reaches down and comes up with a deer antler.

woodbowl

Here is getoverit showing DanG his brand new homemade DanG Deadheader log getter.

This picture is .............can you tell that my selection of pictures is starting to get slim Now?   ::)

Thank You Sponsors!