iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's your favorite bar?

Started by Corley5, February 02, 2002, 09:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

as far as the IRS and ones primary residence.  If you sell your house that you have owned and lived in for at least two years, you pay no taxes at all to them.  and you can do this every two years, no limit no penalty. :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Kevin

C-5,
Just got this from world renown chaisaw guru, Walt Galer.

Winsor bars are made in Milan, Tenn. USA. The company has been acquired by Blount, who also owns Oregon. The company started out in Vancouver, Canada, on Windsor street, which is why the name. It moved to Tenn. several years ago.

Corley5

And now we know the rest of the story 8)  Thanks Kevin!
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

KiwiCharlie

G'day Corley,

My favourite bar at the moment would have to be the GB Pro Hard Top, solid nose bar.  I was having trouble with my Stihl Rollermatic binding up with chips - never had that before -, so tried the GB hard nose, and really like it.
Most bars Ive had have done well, (Ive liquified a bar tip before, but that was ignorance, nothing else) providing you spend the time on them making sure the rails are even length, gap or gauge consistant etc.  I dont like the way you cant grease the newer roller tips either, although they say you dont need to.  So why did we have to before???
Cheers
Charlie.
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

John_Boisselier

Our favorite bars are windsors and GB.  I've actually gone through 7 stihl tips in 5 days cutting large frozen hard maple with a lot of plunge cutting.  Finally managed to obtain a GB that fit my 084, and never lost another tip on the job.  The Windsor bars offer the same durability and are what we use the most.  We also ran into kinking and lube problems with oregon bars whether they belong to the same company or not.  A good bar should outlast 3-4 tips in terms of wear, with decent care and maintenance and cut upwards of 50-60 MBF, if not more depending on the species and cutting conditions.
The Woodsman

Sawyerfortyish

I was at a forestry show not long ago and the Oregon rep told me that oregon has been supplying sthil with sawbars for some time now because sthil can`t keep up with the orders did anyone else hear anything like this!

rthomy

the one thing I liked about oregon bars, when I fell trees (27yrs) is that the bar hole never plugged because the hole was cut angled away from the direction the chain moved.
Most of the other bars with the hole cut at 90 degrees plug up rather quickly.

Thank You Sponsors!