iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wolverine Logger Killed

Started by Corley5, October 10, 2014, 06:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

http://www.9and10news.com/story/26755609/logger-dies-under-fallen-tree-in-charlevoix-county

http://www.upnorthlive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1107944#.VDhf6cJ0w5s

I think this is who I sold the old C5 cable skidder to.  I'd never met him before and talked to him a couple times afterwards at the gas station in town.  Very sad.  He was working alone.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

I saw it on the news tonight and wondered if you knew him. Sounds like they had a had time finding him.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Corley5

It was him  :(  He had a wife and at least one little kid  :( :( :(  He was originally from the Ellsworth/ East Jordan/ Central Lake area but found the house in Wolverine for real cheap.  It's a nice place too.  I delivered the skidder's blade there for him.  He bought the old C5 to start producing jobs for the guy he was running a Timberjack for.  The guy had told him if he had his own machine he had timber for him to produce.  Last time I talked to him he had winch parts in his Sportster's saddlebags for the C5.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

trapper

don't know the all details but heard on the radio yesterday a logger in wis. was killed also. Seems a pile of logs rolled on him.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

WDH

Those are two of the most common ways that loggers are killed.  You see it over and over again.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

drobertson

Sad, hate to hear it, very dangerous work, taken for granted all to often,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!