iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

World Shooting Complex

Started by Kevin_H., August 12, 2006, 11:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin_H.

Well shortly after we got home from pig roast, the ATA grand trapshooting event started at our new shooting complex. I have been working EMS out there almost every day, this is a 10 day event and we are 1/2 way through it.

Finally today I seen something that peak my interest

Hit and mis ice cream maker

now the Ice Cream bucket was missing as it was being emptied, but it seems to work very well...

http://dnr.state.il.us/worldshooting/home.htm
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Jeff

Hey Kevin, did you get any more photos? Was the freezer home made? I really been wanting to try to put one together for the pig roast. We have the engines, just need to make the ice cream freezer. Need to build one about 5 gallon.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin_H.

I will try to get a pic of it churning tomorrow, the freezer did not look home made.

If there is any other pics ya need let me know.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Jeff

Any you can get of the working parts. I've never saw one rigged quite like that. Looks like a simple way to do it.

Norm

That's cool Kevin! And my favorite tractor color too. ;D

Since we're talking ice cream I can make a great vanilla but have never been able to make a decent chocolate ice cream. At wal-mart and hy-vee they have in the dairy aisle a chocolate ice cream pre-mix. 3 parts of it to 1 part heavy cream and it will make you slap Jeff it's sooooo good. Going to make some today, I'll be fat and happy by bedtime. :D

bitternut

Our local Historical Society puts on a Old Fashion Days every Memorial Day week-end and they had a hit and miss ice cream machine there making ice cream. There seems to be quite a bit of interest by some of our members in these old machines so I will have to take my camera along next year and share some photo's. They have all kinds of old equipment set up and running there along with fitting ground with teams of horses ( must have been at least 30 teams there ). If any of you are local it is a good event to attend as they have a lot of old stuff there as well as a chicken BBQ. No I am not a member but I know most of the members.

DanG

Every year at the Moultrie show, they have a big ice cream rig that is powered by rocking chairs.  We could set up the Piggy Roast ice cream cooker next to the front porch and hook it to Tom's chair. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

SwampDonkey

Jeff, I dunno if I'm having visions from a past life, but I was sure you had photos of some ice cream makers hooked up to them engines someplace in your journeys  ??? Maybe it was Corley  ??? I'm sure I seen one of ya's with the evidence, and I could almost swear I seen some ice cream that escaped the spoon and onto the short sleeve shirt.  :D ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

I do, but they were high dollar commercial rigs. I need to go the poorboy route and make our own.

SwampDonkey

Yeah but......... maybe you can inovate and make a home made one. I seem to remember a piggy roaster being built not long ago. ;)  ::)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Dale Hatfield

DanG  That would be somthing to see  Do you have any pics of it ?

Dale
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

Kevin_H.

got some more pics today.

the guy in the green shirt owns the ice cream rig...

here is a pic of the couple...the 5 gallon ice cream bucket just sits on the trailer and the weight holds it in place.

here is a pic of the "fake" ice cream maker, the guy that owns this rig said it was too hot to run the hit and miss, so he has the electric back up...

Jeff

Did you get a chance to see what he was using under that blanket? Thats the part I aint figured out, is the freezer. White mountain freezers are over 1000 bucks for the 5 gallon size. THats JUST the freezer. Thats what the pair are in the other picture.

Kevin_H.

Jeff, it looked like an old 5 gal freezer, the top mech. part of the freezer was rusty, makes me think it was just an old manual freezer that he made fit.

I will try to get a pic of the freezer next time I am there, I didnt want to pic up the blanket while it was mixing.

maybe we need to be on the lookout for an old freezer on the cheap that we can make work?

clif

Hey Kevin.  I grew up in Vandalia, Ohio,  Has the grand American ATA event moved from there?
Mighty Myte Mark IV Band Saw Mill .  " Don't let the past hold you back"

SwampDonkey

Probably all ya need is a gear box with a shaft (for the paddles) running down verticle ??? Need to rig up something to secure the gearbox to the ice cream bucket. Might find a gear box off an old lawn mower deck ???

Kevin_H.

Hey cliff,

Yep the ATA moved the grand to sparta this year. This all started about 4 years ago when the airport said it was going to expand and the ATA had to find another place.

4 years and 5 million later and here we are.
I have never been to the facility at vandalia, but the shooters tell me that the new complex is the best place they have ever shot at.

DanG

Quote from: Dale Hatfield on August 13, 2006, 04:50:02 PM
DanGĀ  That would be somthing to seeĀ  Do you have any pics of it ?

Dale

I do got a couple of shots of it, Dale, but the Gallery is broke right now.  If I remember, I'll post them when it is fixed.

The rocking chair one is small, but the guy has a group of 4 big ones run by a hit-n-miss. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

catfish

Check e bay item #200016881401. Way too high but pics might be of use of the ice cream maker.
catfish farmer, Hurdle mill.....need more cedar!
(I been livin here 65 years,ain't no metal in them trees)
( You can have that 75 year old Pecan tree if you will pick up all limbs and grade my yard back)

KGNC

Seems like a chain saw powered ice cream machine would be more fitting for this forum.  :)

Don_Papenburg

The paddle is stationary and the can moves .   The can sliding past the Icewater salt mix is what makes the goodies good .  Mke sure that you have a drain hole in the bucket for the icemelt to drain off just below the can lid . Don't want any saltwater in the icecream.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Thank You Sponsors!