iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Swamp Loggers

Started by craigc, June 10, 2011, 09:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craigc

I just saw Swamp Loggers will be starting again next friday.  In my opinion this is by far the best logging show on tv.
Rottne SMV, Timbco with Logmax 9000, JD 540B Grapple.

paul case

yep
that and dirty jobs are my most favorite shows on discovery. they seem like real people. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

ellmoe

I guess I like all the red-neck reality shows. Especially anything with "swamp" in the title. It is good to hear this show will be back. Now if I could just keep my wife from canceling my DVR recordings so she can watch some dancing, singing, weight loss, etc. show, I'll be in hog heaven.

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

thecfarm

A very nice clean show. I did notice in the last season the few times I saw it,some bickering was going on with the help. I guess that is life in the working world. I will try to watch it again. My 10 year old Grand Son loves it. ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dan_Shade

I like watching swamp people where they hunt alligators.  I guess they don't need people drama when you're fishing for alligators.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

treefarmer87

Its a tie between swamp loggers and swamp people for me. i like hearing troy landy from swamp people hollerin shoot em shoot em :)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

tonto

great show, can't wait for the new ones. Tonto.
Stihl MS441 & Husqvarna 562XP. CB5036 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2. Don't spend nearly enough time in the woods.

Buck

TF..dats CHOOT EM LIZBET!...CHOOT EM!
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

treefarmer87

YEA :) how far do you live from where he is?
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

instagator

Hey guys Swamp Loggers has a web site.
goodsonsallterrainlogginginc.com

clww

And they sell gear, too! I got a t-shirt from them a few months back.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

wwsjr

I met Bobby Goodson at the Forestry show at MS State University last year. I think he was there with Timberjack equipment display. Great guy. I like the fact that the show does not include a lot of cursing and bad language. They also seem to really pull together to get the job done without bickering and arguing like some of the other logging shows.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

red oaks lumber

iv'e yet seen bobby have any good luck :D they sure have alot of class compared to say axmen
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

mahonda

I like watchin just to feel better about what I broke that day. Bobby always has something broke sunk or not working.
"If your lucky enough to be a logger your lucky enough!"
Burly aka Dad

plasticweld

Quote from: mahonda on June 15, 2011, 12:34:50 AM
I like watchin just to feel better about what I broke that day. Bobby always has something broke sunk or not working.

I agree; nice to be reminded that being a mechanic and having a tool truck and spares is just part of logging,  its not bad luck, it just logging

mahonda

Hence the term MECHanized logging. gotta take the good with the bad though. O bobby is a patient man.
Burly aka Dad

Buck

TF..hundred miles or so
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Phorester

I'm waiting for Swamp Wives.

clww

On the Discovery Channel in less than an hour! :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Phorester

Stayed up all night waiting for it.  Darn.....Must've dozed off when it came on.

paul case

i stayed up to catch it on the 12 to 1 rerun. i was gone getting groceries with the family when it aired the first time.
ol bobby was really getting the short fuse with the landowner saying they could trim their trucks here and then want ing the wood pile cleaned up.  that is just exactly the way i got pushed around when i grew chickens on contract. one company rep(who knew nothing) would come out and tell you to do one thing and then someone else call or come by telling you to do something different. really gets under your skin after a while. looks to me like the way to do it would have been when there wasnt a truck there and the skidder came in with a load he could grab some sticks to take back to the brush. easy to say from here but maybe more tough to do.
pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

treefarmer87

I watched it this morning on disc. channel. snow was slowing them down
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Bobus2003

what i wanna know is.. Do they know how to use tire chains? Mud and snow like that we just chain trucks up to get the wood movin

Don K

Chains are a rarity in the south. Even most skidders don't bother with the hassle.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

mahonda

Chains here are a necessity almost year round on trucks and skidders. I wonder if the air pressure adjustment they use down there keeps them from throwing chains? Or they might just be typical truck drivers and don't want to get out of the cab ;)
Burly aka Dad

Thank You Sponsors!