iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What kind of 4cyl Industrial engine I have

Started by Well driller, March 19, 2018, 01:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well driller

I'm new to the forum but I need help identifying what kind of 4 culture industrial engine I have on my old bucyrus well drill I have a few pics I'll try to post but I'm down and need info to get it fixed thanks for any input

bushmechanic

starmac

Oh C'mon, surely you can guess.
I bet he tried and failed to post a pic.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Don P

starmac

Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

CX3

John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

sprucebunny

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Logger RK

Firewoodjoe

I'm betting Hercules or wakashau. Or however u spell that lol.

Well driller

4 cylinder inline propane can't find many numbers or anything only thing that stood out is it has a w in an circle bout the size of a nickel and it looks like on top of the w is a p or a f can't tell for sure  and no I don't know how to post the pic

Hilltop366

Oliver05262

PICTURES WOULD HELP A LOT
Bucyrus Erie pounders had a variety of engines; the original owner had some choices . The ones I've seen around here mostly had International power units on them. Small engines such as used in a Cub or A or C tractor. If so, there should be a machined flat boss on the side of the block-maybe an inch wide by several inches long, with a model number stamped in it. The model on a gas engine will start with a C and a diesel engine with a D. The model number is the displacement of the engine as originally built, but measure everything as you take it out. They put their I-H logo or the old one with IHC overlaid on each other on things, too.
 PICTURES WOULD HELP A LOT
 Other engines had data plates, which might be long gone; or maybe a boss near the top of the block, just under the head gasket. I've seen some data plates hidden behind the starter or some such deal. There's only so much room on the side of a smaller engine.
 PICTURES WOULD HELP A LOT.
International made a lot of the components, too. Look for a plate on the distributor, etc. to help identify the manufacturer. Deere has always been proud of their stuff---in many ways---and put  their name or part number on a lot of things. Ford put his logo all over, too.
Did I say that PICTURES WOULD HELP A LOT  ??
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

mad murdock

a circled W? could be a Waukeshau.  dem cheesers made a lot of different engines!
Clinton, Waukeshau, Kohler, Briggs, Wisconsin, Robin, Tecumseh, I am sure I am missing a few.  There were lots of em.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

moodnacreek

Leroy or Buda ? Is it a flathead ? Many where continental  or Hercules .

bushmechanic

Well driller

No ain't much that frightens me lol got it going though I was guessing a Ford so I put the fireing in that way it's running like a dream now still like to know the actual cubic inches

Well driller

This is the first I have ever fooled much with a industrial engine I'm not no master mechanic or anything but I can at least work on bout anything or give it a hell of a shot I'm a laid off pal miner doing this to make few $ to pay the bills it's my wife's papaws drills he is 86 so it helps him out a lot anyway

mad murdock

A pic would help a lot. If it's a ford, could be a 134 or 172 Cu in. They made the 172 in gas and diesel. 
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Well driller

I have tryed to post pics but I'm on a iPhone and can't seem to get them on here unless I get on a desktop could send them by email to someone that's bout it

Firewoodjoe

All I have is an iPhone. Load it into your gallery first then select it to "add in post".

Klicker

I find it easier to load from my iPhone in my lap top
2006 LT 40 HD

Gary Davis

this is a 172 ford diesel the   172 gas would look similar    

Thank You Sponsors!