iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looks better in my yard!

Started by Firewoodjoe, March 24, 2018, 09:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewoodjoe

Firewoodjoe

Firewoodjoe

Anyone seen one of those shifter assemblies on anything else before. It works but very sloppy. F N R then 1 2 3

BargeMonkey

snowstorm

Firewoodjoe

The shifter is a like a clark?

Corley5

8) 8)  Good looking Mule 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Cub

Congratulations!! Nice looking mule you got there!! You'll like it 

Stuart Caruk

Yup, my Clarkk 667 grapple skidder shifts the same way 2 levers FNR on the far left and 123 on the right. No idea what makes it work, but it does, so I just go grab logs with it.

Beats the heck out of my old JD440. I can't remember the last time I go off to hook up a choker.
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

burtle

Never Give Up

ilog4u2

Nice mule firewoodjoe! Only advice I have is never move it without detenting the swing and boom cylinder/ valves. I bet 90% of all breakage on the mules is from not remembering that. How's the bucket?

Firewoodjoe

The bucket is pretty broke up but was plated and welded. And is holding fine. I plan on plating and welding better. And the boom is cracked. I'm going to cut off the goobered on plate and replace with new 1/2" I bought. For the money and condition of other mules  I've looked at it is very good. I've never seen one where the blade, center section and loader hasn't been broke. And this one the center hasn't been touched and the loader is cracked but not where most do by the mast. It's used and old but it's all mine😁

snowstorm

Quote from: Firewoodjoe on March 24, 2018, 10:32:39 PM
The shifter is a like a clark?
cables from there to the trans. could be there was water in the cable and it froze someone beat on it to get it to move

Firewoodjoe

Yes I know there's cables. And it functions but is very sloppy and you have to move it back and forth to find the right gear. There is no letters or numbers left anymore. Would just be nice to tighten everything up.

Corley5

Could it be a Clark transmission? 
  Does it have the original butt bucket or has it been changed?  A modern by pass with a continuous rotator would be a dramatic upgrade if it's still OEM ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Firewoodjoe

nativewolf

Congrats.  We're forwarder shopping ourselves.  
Liking Walnut

mike_belben

My dozer and forklift have the same stick layout.  One with rods and one with cables.  They both pull levers that have spools with detents.  Probably worn out detent ball, or spring, or a groove.  
Praise The Lord

Beattiebros

I snapped a photo of the shifter in my valmet 546,its the same style shifter that's in your iron mule for the Clark trans. I believe if you get a new top plate it will eliminate all your slop,hope this helps! Chris

luvmexfood

Feel free to bring it down sometime and try it out in these mountains around here. LOL
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

David-L

Quote from: Firewoodjoe on March 24, 2018, 09:31:15 PM
Anyone seen one of those shifter assemblies on anything else before. It works but very sloppy. F N R then 1 2 3
I have the same in a Timberjack 240B 1995. mine is a Clark 1800 and hold 10 qts tranny fluid. Book calls for Dex- two. I have the napa filter # which is the cheapest I could find. this transmission works well in my skidder. supposedly pretty bomb proof.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Firewoodjoe

That's great you guys! Big help. My levers are opposite (F R N on left) but that's neither here nore  there. I was leaning towards a 18000 due to the filter location. That gives me two more machine brands to get a top plate for 😁 what fluid are u using. UTF?

Thank You Sponsors!