iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Putting the WPF together

Started by Qweaver, November 30, 2011, 12:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

Well...some bad news.  Shipping got delayed a week in NZ.  The delivery date is now the first week in Feb.  I'm getting some big logs now and I need this sucker.  :'( 
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

scsmith42

Quinton, don't be surprised if it takes a week or so to make it through U.S. Customs too.

You'll be full of ideas after your visit here, so the delay is probably a good thing, as that will allow you to break out your welding equipment and start making some custom bunks, etc.

Can't wait to see y'all and brainstorm some ideas!

SS
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Qweaver

The saw is hitting the western shore Jan. 16.  Then customs and shipping.  I'm getting ready.  8)
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Nomad

I could be wrong about this, but I think I sense a little excitement here?  :D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

scsmith42

Quinton, have you figured out your schedule in January yet?

Piston

i had no idea what wpf even meant  :D

I just checked it out on their site, looks pretty impressive.  Are you keeping the LT28 to compliment the new mill?
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Qweaver

Quote from: scsmith42 on December 27, 2011, 08:43:06 PM
Quinton, have you figured out your schedule in January yet?
Hey Scott,  it turns out that I have some other health issues that have to be addressed before I can know how my January can be planned.  Nothing serious but I am at the call of the doctors so I can't be sure how long this will take.

Quinton

scsmith42

No problem, just give me a week or so's notice.

Scott

Qweaver

The saw was scheduled to make landfall on Jan. 6th.  No word from customes yet.  Waiting, waiting, waiting!  It's a long way from LA to WV.   :'(

Husband

Hi guys. ;)
Just on to say that I am sorry for not posting my pics of my trip to the pacific Islands. My computer got a virus and I had to wipe EVERYTHING and start again, so no pics :'(.
Keep us posted (I am sure you will) as to progress with your new toy when it arrives, and take care of yourself

Qweaver

Just got the call from the trucking company last evening.  Customs opened the box...that was the delay.  The saw should be delivered in 4 days.  I'm clearing out the saw shed tomorrow.  Should I have several strong bodies on hand to get the saw onto the forks of my JD110?
Quinton.

terrifictimbersllc

Hopefully you have a barn or similar loading ramp so maybe you can scoot it right out.   Don't think you can pick it up with forks until you can get at it from the side. You can't pick it up from the end.  The box probably weighs about 1000 pounds.  Maybe you can arrange heavy timbers on which it can be slid down to the ground.  I was glad I asked for a truck with a lift gate.  I ended up pulling it out of the truck with a chain until it was mostly on the lift gate.  Then got at it from the end, and got one end on the forks with the other end on the gate.  We then lowered both the forks and the lift gate at the same time to the ground.  I was then able to pick it up on the side, but just barely, and back it into my driveway.  After that I could push it around no problem.   In the truck, the box of rails was loaded on top of the mill box.  It took most of our time to get this mill rail box off the larger mill box, and on to the ground safely.  I had 6 mill rail sections so it weighed about 400 pounds. I didn't want anything to fall, after all that travel from NZ.  The trucker was there an hour and a half, and very patient.  I gave him a nice tip.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!