iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A new definition for rocks

Started by Fraxinus, March 30, 2005, 05:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fraxinus

"Slow release fertilizer".  I believe I'm all set and shouldn't need to import any slow release fertilizer for a looooong time. :D :D :D
BTW, the above quote came from Dr. Alex Shigo.  How many of you have heard of him?
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

sprucebunny

If rocks were money, I'd be rich.
:D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Fraxinus

We sure do have our share of them here in NH, don't we? :o :o
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

Corley5

I was at a conference last winter and listened to a speaker by the name of John Slack who talked about rocks and such and realeasing nutrients from them.  With the price of commercial fertilizer nowadays they might be on to something.  We've got lotsa rocks here too and should have plenty of fertilizer ;).  My ground tends to be a bit acidic but I've got lotsa lime rock stones in my substrate.  If I could just........
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

redpowerd

find out what kinda rocks you got. need to open up a geology book and find out what rocks contain what minerals, what rate they release them and at what acidity variables. the rocks i have tend to be hard and grey, size varying. i have many names for rocks but i cant post them here.

my geology prof used to bring in an unusual rock each monday, and by friday you had to give him its life story.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ernie

Our pastures are mostly clover/ryegrass mixes.  RPR (Reactive rock phosphate) feeds the clover to fix nitrogen to feed the ryegrass, works well and is on the organic list.

Ernie
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

SwampDonkey

Father , when he farmed, used to rotate with rye grass and he also mulched the straw from his grain back into the soil. We tried sweet clover too but is was difficult to deal with, it would grow 7 feet tall. Ever try to plough that? :D It had to be bush hogged first.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sprucebunny

SwampDonkey said "I had to be bush hogged first"

That must have hurt :D
You really didn't want to plow that, huh ???

...Couldn't help it  ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

beetle

Rocks are money! just today I paid a whole lotta $ for 100 of them, however, they are over a 100 year old chizeled face foundation stone.
Too many hobbies...not enough time.

SwampDonkey

:D :D I go away for a few minutes, come back and see my mistake and saved it and already somebody had time to give me some lashes. :D :D

Roxie

We only lash the ones we love.   :-*
Say when

thecfarm

If I didn't have all these rocks,what would I use to feel in my ruts? I have a few low spots or use to have.I hate to rut up my land.I have my far share of rocks and then some.Need something to run the mowing equipment into.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!