iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

old franklin skidder questions

Started by lumberjake, March 27, 2018, 01:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumberjake

I bought and old franklin skidder its not a 170 or 142 its small but its too old for a 105
the problem I'm having is it has a carco winch on it which couldn't have come on the machine
from franklin and I cant find parts for it to save my butt so I was looking for another winch that would work
but has to be mechanical. Ive seen pictures of a 20 series winch I believe and some people have said look for a 40.
any help would be great thanks

logging pete

I have a twenty with controls and driveline you can have

dgdrls

lumberjake

wish I could its not letting me upload any pics

lumberjake

I think I added a pic of it in my photos but cant get it to show up on here

thecfarm

looks like you have it passwoord protected?
Other members I can see the album/pictures,yours I can not.
I can see where you added 6 files.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Lumberjohn

I have an old Franklin 120? skidder with the 20 winch and it does just fine. Never saw an old Franklin with a 40 winch.

ga jones

You can put a Deere 3305,3310,early 3315 on it
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

ga jones

That's a 3305 I put on an old c4 treefarmer. The pto on Franklin runs the opposite way so you have to put a reverse rotation gear box I. Front of it. They are cheap to buy new. 
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

Thank You Sponsors!