iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LogRite cant hook

Started by dad2nine, May 30, 2006, 11:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dad2nine

Got to use my new 60" LogRite cant hook this weekend. Now I can flip cants and roll logs around will very little effort. And the best thing is there, is no slipage, once it's seated it don't slip. Unlike my other one (brand name not disclosed) . After using LogRite, I'm thinking my other one needs to go in the burn pile because it's a POS.

LogRite = Quality = Confidence = Awesome Tool = ;D.

Great Tool LogRite!

beenthere

Gotta keep the old one around just for a reminder of how it use to be, and for anyone who shows up to help just so they can't keep your logrite away from you. If they get aholt of your logrite, you may not get it back. They can be encouraged to get one for themselves, or you will be encouraged to get a second one. It's a slippery slope.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ron Wenrich

The old one would also make a dandy barn decoration.   ;)
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Kedwards

funny I was looking at buying 1 or 3 today in the baileys catalog.
His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like socks in a dryer without cling free

chet

Quote from: dad2nine on May 30, 2006, 11:42:05 AM
Got to use my new 60" LogRite cant hook this weekend. Now I can flip cants and roll logs around will very little effort. And the best thing is there, is no slipage, once it's seated it don't slip. Unlike my other one (brand name not disclosed) . After using LogRite, I'm thinking my other one needs to go in the burn pile because it's a POS.

LogRite = Quality = Confidence = Awesome Tool = ;D.

Great Tool LogRite!

Told ya so.   ;D  :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

dad2nine

Chet you did and I listened, perhaps the best money I've spent on a tool in a long time.

Bibbyman

Quote from: dad2nine on May 30, 2006, 11:26:15 PM
Chet you did and I listened, perhaps the best money I've spent on a tool in a long time.

Now,  when you get tired of grabbing a 60" cant hook to flip an 8" cant,  remember I also recomended getting a 30" mill special.   ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Skip

I just got my second one a 36 mill special , the other is a 30 incher. I don't of a better "new and improved" tool, worth every penny. The mill special has a thinner handle and fits the hand great.

dad2nine

Quote from: Bibbyman on May 31, 2006, 04:06:35 AM
Now,  when you get tired of grabbing a 60" cant hook to flip an 8" cant,  remember I also recomended getting a 30" mill special.   ;)

Hear you loud and clear Bibbyman - In due time...

Bibbyman

Quote from: Skip on May 31, 2006, 09:09:39 AM
I just got my second one a 36 mill special , the other is a 30 incher. I don't of a better "new and improved" tool, worth every penny. The mill special has a thinner handle and fits the hand great.

I like the handle on the 30" mill special better than the F A T one on the larger hooks.  I asked if they could make one about 48" long in the mill special design but I've not seen it yet.   I think I'm going to order one in 36" but it'll have to be orange so that will be special too.
Sawing since '94

Gipper

dad2nine

Might as well go ahead and get the others - you will eventually anyway! ;D  I have three of them and they sure have been getting a workout, and have handled it well.  I got the 60" and 78" ones last December, and decided I needed the 48" one in Feb.  All of them came from Baileys.  I had a run on some big logs and the big Arkansas Special came in mighty handy.   Amazing how much it increases the rolling ability on the large logs.  You're certainly right about them not slipping!

I have a good older one I use on the mill, or I would have already ordered the mill special.  I got it with the old circle mill I bought  25 years ago.  This hook is probably 50 to 60 years old and has the wooden handle in it that was in it when I got it.  I have taken special care of it, even during the years I wasn't sawing any.  Got several other older hooks, but the wooden handles available today won't fit them.  The handles all are smaller at the point where the hook goes on.  Still use a couple of them that have good handles.  Guess the others will go on the side of the shed as reminders!  :)

rebocardo

> once it's seated it don't slip

That is why I have been looking and saving for the 78" one. On the larger logs 28"+ the hook on the one I have now just will not grip properly, especially on a smoother bark one such as a hickory. Still, it is a big improvement over the 6' breaker bar I was using to roll logs before "I got me an educating".

I am still debating what is the best for rolling logs on the ground, a 5 foot peavy or a 6 foot cant hook.

dad2nine

Had no idea they made a 78"er or I might have bought it... Oh well there will be another time, I'm sure...

Thinking the next one will be a 36" mill special - did you hear that Bibbyman?

Mine is baby blue - came directly from LogRite. Real nice people there too, considering I screwed up the deliver to address and had to call them. The UPS guy must know me by name, cause it got here (on time), dispite my screw up. ;D

Bibbyman

Here's a picture of one being tested by yet another Tom.  Rmay is to the far left, Arky with LBJ at his feet and Muleman to the right.
Sawing since '94

Dan_Shade

Ga_Boy working out on a A.S.S.

My preference is a cant hook on a mill, but a peavey on the ground.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

neslrite

Bibby,

I thought a 30in mill special in orange was call a "Pro Sawyer Mary Special" ;D

Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

GF

Thats probably what Mary uses to keep Bibbyman straightened out.  ;)

dad2nine

And I thought it was bad getting whacked with a broom, geeze I've got it good... :D

Thank You Sponsors!