iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hough IH S7 skidder with carco 100 winch.how do I adjust winch? manuals attached

Started by roundbarn, February 11, 2016, 05:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roundbarn

I have a 1981 hough IH paylogger S7 with a carco 100 winch. the machine is new to me. The winch brake will not hold, and the winch doesnt seem as powerful as I expect it to be... is there a way to adjust it? Any body know this winch? ill post pics.

roundbarn

here are manuals for this winch. thanks to Carco!

grassfed

You probably figured this out from the manuals but the hold is a function of the winch brake. so if it is not holding it might be: a bad brake band (worn or oil soaked), the springs that hold the band (stretched or broken) or the brake spring adjustment. For power first is the motor bogging down?  If not then you need to look at the clutch band and the hydraulic slave. If it is not pulling hard and the motor is not under load then your clutch is slipping. Both brake and clutch problems could be caused by oil soaked bands (based from what I see in the manual) Disclaimer: I have never worked on one of these and just looked at the manual. 
Mike

jocco

Can't help any on that winch. Most s7 I ever see had a gearmatic 19 or 119 and chin driven. There was a couple different mounting patterns on older and newer ones. Also there was different series like s7b and so on.
You may check out but you will never leave

roundbarn

as per the PayLine Book
S7 Pay Logger first came out in 1965
Late 60's the S7B came on and had a Gearmatic 19 winch
Replaced by S7C in 1970 which had disc brakes and Carco Model 100 winch.
In 1972 the S7C was replaced by S7D which had a Gearmatic 119 winch.
The S7's could be fitted with grapples or drum
I believe they were built at the Hough Libertyville Plant.
I did not find any s/n breaks in the book.
Therefore this machine is a 70/71

Logger RK

Good information. A friend of mine I believe has the same Skidder. I'll check his over next time I see him. :)

Thank You Sponsors!