iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Different but good

Started by r.man, February 17, 2013, 06:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r.man

I have looked at about three different video's of more than one size of this processor but I haven't been able to come up with one thing that I don't like about it. The jump saw/clamp combo seems to work well and its ability to handle bunches of smaller stuff at one time is particularly impressive. I thought that I had a complaint about the short outfeed conveyor but I decided that it is probably made to load pallet containers or bags. Anyone care to try for a critical comment, other than it's foreign.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjbLZzTlbk8
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

muddstopper

Maybe if you told us what brand it is would help???

r.man

Sorry Mudstopper, I got distracted by a phone call and forgot to put the attachment on. I learned how to edit posts a few days ago so I added it in.

NWP

Interesting.  Looks like they've thought about everything. It looks like it is probably designed mainly for small logs. I wonder how you can access the splitter trough if a piece gets sideways in there?  Also seems like the upper wedge produces a lot of slivers and trash. But overall, pretty well thought out.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

JuniperBoss

Never been a big fan of that wedge. I'm sure you can change to whatever wedge you want. To me, it actually looks like it can handle a pretty large diameter round. Overall it looks like a great machine.
"The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense." --- Thomas Edison

T Welsh

Looks pretty well thought out! European design for sure, one thing I did not see is a log with knots in it. Most of the logs or sticks I put through the processor are cull logs that I can not sell as a saw log. Twisted ,knotty, ugly, you name it, it goes to firewood. I can see jamming it in the first hour of operation. Its fast and I like the up cut saw! Tim

giant splinter

Looks like a very efficient design and some serious engineering to get it to produce at a fast rate. The upswing crosscut saw is fast and the circular blade seems like a good choice, I don't see the the clamp as a problem. The outfeed conveyor is very efficient and most likely is available in any length you might need. This processor does seem to be designed with wood cook stove and fireplace customers in mind and looks like it is very well thought out for the home fireplace and stove cut firewood market. I also like the use of hydraulic drive motors and rams on most of the functions as well as the dust vacuum application that they have in use.
This unit sure looks like a well designed and productive firewood processor.The use of the radial stacker conveyor is very effective for keeping up with the fast pace of this processor.
I think its a real winner. Pinosa is an Italian company and builds lots of different things.
roll with it

r.man

Here is a working bigger version that has a few different features. The pusher for the rounds is a conveyor type and if you take the time to watch the whole thing you see how they can bypass the splitter with smaller stuff and reject rounds as well by reversing the pusher. Also a brief couple of looks at the piling line for the plant in around the 2 to 4 minute mark. As for accessing the splitter area for rounds that are mis-oriented I am guessing that it doesn't happen very often compared to a cut and drop machine.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSXvdKupzgo

blackfoot griz

The first video looks like a cool machine.  There is apparently no log stop.  How does it/the operator regulate the length of the block being cut?  The only drawback I see is that it can only handle short logs which creates extra chain saw work.  I routinely put 20+ ft logs on my processor.

r.man, are you looking at buying a processor?

r.man

I did see that it is an semi automatic machine so I am thinking that the log pusher goes forward whatever increment you tell it. Another advantage of the pusher over a chain besides the fact that it can process multiple smaller logs at one time. I also wonder if it has a sensor that tells it when the log gets to the cutting line. As for me buying one, not likely unless you know something about my lottery ticket that I don't. I just like machinery and I hope to build something basic for my own and family use.

Ivan49

Looks like a good machine> I think the wood being cut that short and split that small may be for the stoves they use to heat in Europe. I never saw a store that would only take a 12 inch long pc of wood until I was in Germany

NWP

On that first video, I thought the operator screwed up by dropping a log into the indeed trough before retracting the pusher. Nope, they thought of that too.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

r.man

They seemed to make a big deal out of letting us know in the second video that it was processing ''Australian Red Gum". Does anyone know why this would be a big deal?

Thank You Sponsors!