iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Coffee??

Started by Magicman, December 08, 2015, 08:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Is there room in the cup for coffee??   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

I worked with a guy that drank his hot that way, by mid afternoon he was wired for speed.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WLC

At least a pot a day, less what the wife drinks with her half and half.  Fresh ground dark roast beans straight up, no cream or sugar.  Pinch of salt in the grounds when brewing if I make it, maybe or maybe not if the wife makes it.  The salt helps cut the bitterness, old man I used to work with taught me that trick. I'll drink it off and on all day and evening.  So far, never a problem with the caffeine keeping me up at night.
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

yamaracer

2 large thermos in the morning no sweetener but sometimes a splash of Bailey's.  preferred coffee is Black Rifle Coffee thru a french press, strong and thick enough to stand a spoon up in aka "nurses coffee"

Woodcutter_Mo

I usually drink about 2 cups of coffee with a dash of milk or cream in the morning. Anymore that's plenty to get me through the day and still allow me to get sleep at night  :D
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

Aidas Survila

One large cup black coffee in the morning with less sugar, one cold coffee at noon and milk coffee at the evening.

sawguy21

My coffee is hot and black, I can't drink it cold. No ice lattes for me.

Magicman

In Reply #15, I showed the coffee maker that I have been using that uses a coffee packet which cost 26 cents, but the maker is not easily adaptable to use loose coffee.   

I recently saw this coffee maker and decided to give it a try because it uses loose coffee.

This is also a single cup maker and cost $20.  It is very small and does not take up much counter space.

It also has a permanent filter which works well and cleans easily.

I am using my recently "inherited" Yeti cup because there ain't no way I would pay that much for a coffee cup, but it is crazy how long it will keep the coffee hot.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

There is no way that I would spend the bucks to buy a Yeti coffee mug, but lets just say that I am extremely fortunate.  The cup was given to me, I bought the handle and my Granddaughter supplied the graphics.

The completely insane thing is that this cup will keep coffee "sipping hot" for an hour.  OK, I have never actually timed it, so it could be longer.   ::) 

sandhills

I used my wife's knock off version of a Yeti while she was gone one weekend, DanG thing kept my tea cold all afternoon in a 110 degree tractor cab, went to Bomgaars for twine the next day and spent 30 some odd dollars on my own.  Asked wife about hers when she got back, yep it was not a Yeti it was a 10 dollar Walmart special  :-\.  Then someone at the salebarn I work at decided they needed my Yetti worse than me  >:(.  But they do work great.

Magicman

I did a bit of unofficial testing/timing.  Using a Tervis cup, which is plastic and double insulated, the last sip after 15 minutes was cold.  Using the Yeti cup, the last sip after 45 minutes was still hot.

reelman65

2 12oz cups,. cream and sweetener.  black rifle brand
75 Acres of hardwoods that i want to try to optimize for HW growth, health and habitat. Also interested in creating a few small stands of fruit/nut trees and sample of different native species

Magicman

OK, which Black Rifle blend?

Magicman

It's raining again this afternoon (imagine that) so I just perked a cup. 

OK, how about sharing your coffee brand/blend?

This is nothing special; plain old Maxwell House.

elk42

Just had my 2 cups of Folgers ( Black Silk ) no cream or sugar.
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

Chris Burchfield

MM, can't believe the pages this has run.  Here's mine.  Mr. Coffee, $16.88 one button on/off Wmart.  12 cup.  Morning after, enough to make a cup of left over, 2 minutes in the microwave.  In the mean time, pots in the sink filling.  Six scoops of Value Size Great Value Classic Roast, Medium Rich & Smooth.  380 Cup size/3 lbs.  My cup I ran in the microwave hold just under 2 cups.  I add the yellow pretend sweetener from Wmart. w/Wmart powder creamer.  Yes I use throw away filters.  Takes about 10 minutes to run the 12"cups claimed of brew.  By my measure of almost 2 cups, 6 real cups or mugs of coffee to the beaker.  Though not included filter/sweetner/creamer close to .13 cents for almost two cups of my style flavored coffee.  I usually drink three cups, wife two which leaves enough for the morning rebrew in the microwave while I prep the next pot. Eat your heart out Ripoffbucks. :D :D :D
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

grouch

It's a drip coffee pot like a Mr. Coffee, and as simple as she can find. 12 "cups" (I'm pretty sure they mean 6 oz. cups, not standard) with 4 level scoops (don't know the standard there) of Folgers or Maxwell House or whatever she buys.

I get 1 mug per pot; she gets the rest simply because she's faster than I am. Neither of us can stand scorched coffee, so it goes into two insulated carafes (sp?) as soon as the pot's done. Whoever gets the last mug, starts another pot. My mug is an insulated thing that my son got for me. It keeps the coffee hot enough to drink for at least as long as it takes me to drink it. She has an identical mug but rarely uses it -- prefers ceramic. Black; no doctoring.

About 24 oz for me before breakfast; about 1 qt for her. Neither of us without a cup for long throughout the day and night. Probably 5 - 8 pots per day.
Find something to do that interests you.

sawguy21

:o I would be like Elmer Fudd on helium if I drank that much coffee. When I was on the road a lot it was a basic food group but I had to back off due to health issues, it accelerated a congenital tremor. It's now two cups of Melitta as it comes from the pot in the morning, I seldom drink any the rest of the day.

grouch

She just told me it's a lot more than 5 - 8 pots a day.

Maybe tasmanian devil on helium instead of Elmer?

Magicman

Do you also have revolving doors on your bathrooms?   :-X

Raider Bill

The office girls bought me 20 pounds of Costa Rican beans so that's all I've been drinking. Normally I buy Folgers country roast.
Weekdays and Saturday I use a old style percolator. A full basket of grind and 10 cups of water. 1/2 and 1/2 with a bit of raw sugar.
Sunday's I use a 32 oz press and let the grind steep for 10 minutes.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

LeeB

Percolators are where it's at and I prefer a stove top one over electric and campfire over that. Having a double expresso right now in the biz lounge on my way home. This is kinda new for me. Normally I would be swigging whiskey. Two days ago I was heading home and doing just that. At some point and time while heading toward the plane I toppled over and smacked my head. Ended up in the hospital and now I am not so proudly sporting a black eye and several stitches. I've come to the conclusion that I have a problem and it's time for a change. Coffee it is for me. There, I've said it. First step.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Raider Bill

You quit smoking then lost half a ton of weight. My moneys on you beating this my friend! thumbs-up thumbs-up
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

grouch

Quote from: Magicman on August 17, 2017, 08:51:54 AM
Do you also have revolving doors on your bathrooms?   :-X

Nope, but there are places where I don't have to use the weed whacker any more. ;)

Magicman

Wow Lee, realizing it, saying it, and taking that first step makes you a hero in my book.  I am counting on you to follow through, and I know that you can. 

Thank You Sponsors!