iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Had my first wreck this evening

Started by limbrat, May 05, 2007, 05:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

limbrat

No one was hurt except my wifes new car and it just roller over 2000 miles a 07 honda crv with all the bells and whistles. Can't open neather door on the drivers side.
She acted like it was ok when i got home but im still worried about going to sleep around her yet. :-\
I was going to get a pizza. I was doing 70 in a 65 in the left lane of a divided highway and passing a pickup with boat trailer on my right side. The car way up ahead of me signaled to turn left so i got off the gas, it almost stopped in the road before turning so i had to get on the brake. The boat on my right had already passed me and the car in front of me. The truck behind be must not have been paying attention,he locked them up and swerved right. The car in front of me cleared the road so i gave some gas. I saw some movement on the right so i looked here comes that little mazda truck back across the road and straight for me. He nailed the back door which means he got the front door and rear fender too. I was doing about 45 when he hit me at almost 90degrees. It knocked me sideways and was about 80 yds. before i got it straight and stopped.  But no one was hurt
ben

jon12345

Glad to hear you're ok, your wife must be a very kind person. 
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

Burlkraft

Hey Limbrat,

That sounds like a close call...... :o :o :o

Glad no one was hurt... hurt_smiley hurt_smiley hurt_smiley

Kinda puts a bummer on the pizza........ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
Why not just 1 pain free day?

sawguy21

Glad to hear you are o.k. I almost got into one yesterday, the other driver was obviously very drunk. Took me a while to calm down too.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

semologger

did you tell her i got good news and some bad. good news is pizza is great and bad well you know.

glad nobody got hurt. good thing you got slowed down. been bad if still going 70

how bad it mess the other truck up?

limbrat

It was close i think if my inerta would have been less than his or if the hit would have been at another angle things would have been different.
I went on and gor the pizza after the police finished with me. it was good.
It rolled his bumper under bent the fenders and pushed them out of line and into his tires and busted his grill. His hit  was more in line with his inerta and his vehicle absorbed more of the kinetic energy than i did.  While my hit was on my lite end and my inerta was more forward of the hit so it kinda bounced me out of the way and i kept going, if the hit would have been more forward or if i were parked it would have been different. We got luckey. And Honda make a DANG good vehicle all around.
And the Wife is AMAZING i married way up.
  Thanks for the concern Ben
ben

SPIKER

you mean you didn't come home with the pizza and just park it in the garage and claim innocent??? :D  now where was the fun in turning yourself in? ;)   you could have gone out next morning & said HONEY WHAD YA DO!? :o :D :o

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

thecfarm

Glad no one was hurt.Ain't that a bummer,being new car and all.Those things are always a bother.Someone has to keep those body techs in a job.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sgtmaconga

Glad your ok. sounds like one of those pucker factor accidents
Measure twice cut once

slowzuki

Having been involved in litegation of accidents you may wish to try to *recall* your vehicle speed more *clearly* for a public description of the events.

Sprucegum

Yes, you had already taken your foot off the gas so you were obviuosly going less than 65 at the time of the accident - got that ?

Thank You Sponsors!