iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logs just seem to show up!

Started by Planman1954, March 31, 2010, 09:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Planman1954

Hi all. Just a quick story to share. I remember a post a while back asking about sources for logs. I was driving down a road near my home when I spoted some logs in a field randomly piled up. They were cut down to allow for a new drive going into an open field area. The next day as I drove by, I noticed they were starting to burn the logs! Within an hour, I was back at the fellows' house and introduced myself, telling him that I had a saw mill, and wondered if I could possibly take the logs off his hands. He was thrilled, since he had wondered how long it was actually going to take to burn all of those pine logs! My buddy Jimmy and I worked all day yesterday, hauling 4 triailer loads of logs to our mills. I'm beat today, but happy for all the lumber we'll soon have to use! Logs do just seem to just show up sometimes.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

Papa1stuff

Thats for sure,yesterday a man that had done some tree trimming for me called and said he was taking down about 6 large pine trees and wanted to know if I wanted them,also said he woud pay me to drag the logs out of a canal ,no problem pulled then with my truck and they sawed them to length about twenty logs altogether!
Great to get free logs and be paid to take them smiley_bounce smiley_bounce
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

icolquhoun

I returned home from work the other day (nothing to do with my hobby of sawing) to find (12) 12-14"dia 8' logs of black walnut and (10) 10-16"dia 8' logs of black cherry sitting at the end of my driveway.  I had no idea where they came from until a buddy of mine a few days later called to say he got them from a powerline clearing (establishing a new powerline, not existing) down the road and figured I could use 'em :o I have had my sawmill set-up for about a month now, it's amazing how fast word of mouth travels :D

mad murdock

wow! life don't get much better than that, free logs, and no work cutting, skidding, loading, or cleaning up the slash!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Thank You Sponsors!