iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Great Stool Auction

Started by Burlkraft, February 15, 2012, 09:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Burlkraft on February 20, 2012, 02:35:34 PM
Ya gotta send some pics of fish & chips...I love British fish & chips.........

That's where it all began wasn't it? At least as far back as the war because an old war vet I knew talked about how good they was when he was over there in war time. ;D

They don't make good fish dinners of any kind here in NB. The worst you ever ate at most places. :/ Best places I had fish was in Maine, Quebec and west coast BC.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

POSTON WIDEHEAD

To ALL who had a part in the construction of a this beautiful stool AND  to ALL the bidders.......WOW!!!!

WHAT AN AUCTION!

smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

okmulch

I would like to thank the crew that built that fine piece of art. It really is awesome!!! Also all the other people bidding it was a lot of fun going back and forth.

I am especially proud to have won, not only for the stool itself, but for taking the financial burden off of Jeff and Tammy for this years hog roast. They do such an exceptional job of hosting every year and deserve every penny of the $625 dollars!

I can not wait until August and can enjoy the pig along with all the other forum members. 8) 8)
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Shotgun

A huge thank you to OK, and congratulations on your new stool.  It's a winner as well you are OK. And thanks to all who worked on making it such a special item.  It's a Win!, Win!, Win!

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Mooseherder

The stool is really beautiful.  Congratulations and Thanks for keeping it a very interesting auction. :)

WDH

Aaron,

That stool would make an awesome door prize  ::).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Quote from: WDH on February 20, 2012, 09:34:48 PM
Aaron,

That stool would make an awesome door prize  ::).

Shame on your Danny, :D :D :D

Aaron, yer the man. Thank you, And thanks to Everyone that had a hand in creating the stool and providing materials, and bidding in the auction, but special thanks to my brother Steve. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Burlkraft

I'm gettin' in late here, but A Huge Thank You all the bidders and especially Aaron  8)  8)  8)

I was happy to help put this together along with Jeff and Tammy at LogRite and Scott Smith. It was his inspiration and offer of a nut and screw
that really brought it together.

Over the years I have found out that pig roast goes way beyond the pig. Jeff and Tammy do a lot more than you see to put this thing on.
Maybe this year we can take the financial burden off and then all they gotta do is all the work!!  :D  :D  :D

It was a great auction and it was great to be part of a little artisic collaboration with some fellow Forumites  ;D  ;D

Does that mean I'm in the will?
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

Mine?  Yea, I'm leaving you the mill.  ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WDH

I heard that you was like a Granddaddy to him, so I suspect that you are  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Rooster

Anyway we convince OK to bring the stool to the pig roast?...so we can all "pat the pig" stool?
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

scsmith42

Quote from: Burlkraft on February 20, 2012, 10:02:16 PM
I'm gettin' in late here, but A Huge Thank You all the bidders and especially Aaron  8)  8)  8)

I was happy to help put this together along with Jeff and Tammy at LogRite and Scott Smith. It was his inspiration and offer of a nut and screw
that really brought it together.

Over the years I have found out that pig roast goes way beyond the pig. Jeff and Tammy do a lot more than you see to put this thing on.
Maybe this year we can take the financial burden off and then all they gotta do is all the work!!  :D  :D  :D

It was a great auction and it was great to be part of a little artisic collaboration with some fellow Forumites  ;D  ;D

Does that mean I'm in the will?

Steve, thanks for the acknowledgement.  You sure did an outstanding job on the design and assembly; I think that it turned out much better than the original design concept.  The Logrite components really added a cool dimension, and your burl seat was incredible!

We'll have to collaborate on something again.

Aaron, a big "thank you" to you as well for the great support of the pigroast.  I figured that it would sell for a couple of hundred bucks (hopefully to me!), but Norm kinda quashed that fantasy and then you really blew everybody away.

I'm glad that all of us could help reduced the burden on Jeff and Tammy for this year's pig roast.  Maybe I can get my act together and finally make it this year.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

SwampDonkey

Awesome stool, awesome forum auction participants!!  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Norm

Way to go Aaron!

Well I'm a little bummed I missed out getting on here last night but it's great to see it's going to a good home. Awesome work guys, it's a beautiful piece of art.  :)

WDH

Quote from: scsmith42 on February 20, 2012, 11:24:52 PM
I'm glad that all of us could help reduced the burden on Jeff and Tammy for this year's pig roast.  Maybe I can get my act together and finally make it this year.
Scott

Scott,

Go NIKE on us and "Just Do It!"

okmulch

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. This was a fun auction to be associated with knowing that it is a win ,win situation.

Burlkraft says I get to name the pig now, so I am thinking juniperus PIGiana!!
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

WDH

It is in the family, Sowaceace :D.

Cedarman

Quote from: WDH on February 21, 2012, 07:19:02 PM
It is in the family, Sowaceace :D.
If Aaron hadn't explained that to me, I would still be clueless.  On your post that is. :D :D
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

WDH

Meadows Miller

Gday

Congrats on being the proud owner of The Stool Aaron Its a One Off thats for sure Mate  :) ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) and Thanks to everyone who put the effort into making such a fine thing  :) :) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Meadows Miller

Quote from: RynSmith on February 18, 2012, 02:21:15 PM
Why do I get the feeling Meadows Miller figured out how to put his bid in and had a bit of an awakening?  :o  ;D

Thats abit cheaky Ryn  :) :) and Lynn was spot on We have a hell of alot of other stuff on the go atm timing was just out by about 2 to 3  weeks :( as  I spent 4 full days dealing with Buyers,solicitors,real estate agents finalizing the sale of some land and trying to get work finished up here at the same time.  :) We are all set to go settlement  will be between the 10th and the 22nd so it woulda been on then  ;) Its just going to be awesome to be able to set Us up in a winning position from the start  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8)

I Owe This Forum Jeff & You All alot because without Me being on here I would have Never met Jesi  :) :) :) ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) Im cookin something up its been on my plans since we met and decided that I was moving back there ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!