iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Picking up equipment Interstate in your own rig

Started by Meadows Miller, February 18, 2012, 09:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meadows Miller

Gday

Just want to know how that part works if your doing a one off round trip say from Alabama to um say Vermont  ;) to pick up a piece of equipment in your own Semi Trailer do I need permits or is it allowed for one off loads in a personal rig hauling your own freight  talking an Single Drive Ford LNT9000 with a 40' Bogie Flat top ??? ???

Ill also add do you need to get permits in every state to bring an un registered rig home from another state ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

okmulch

I believe you will only need permits if you are a wide load,to tall or over weight. Now if you mean CDL yes you will need it.
When I haul mulch out of state, the company I use  to pull my trailer has to get a permit for that state because he  only has intrastate on his trucks not interstate. Which means he has authority only in Oklahoma and has to get authority to go out of state.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Meadows Miller

Gday

Thanks for that wont be overweight or to tall  might be 2 to 4" over the sides of the combing rail on the side of the trailer as its a Very Tidy 125A Michigan Loader not most peoples ideal machine (But im not like most people ;) ) but everything works on it and its only done 100 hrs on some major overhauls for $4k I cant remember the width think they are only 100" so should be fine  ;) Yep Ill be getting the CDL got all that nutted out  ;) ;D

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Autocar

I'll about bet your have to get highway stickers for the states you drive though. But not sure about this.
Bill

snowstorm

this is how it works. i ran trucks over the road. cdl med card log book apporsioned sp? plates ifta sticker and you will have to pay fuel tax in every state you run. insurance lots of it. and you may need your own operating athority. the cheapest way hire it hauled. i know an outfit that would do it. would need to know what it is size weight ect. where it is where you want it. can it go in a dry van ? flat or step deck. get me that imfo ill get you a price

Thank You Sponsors!