iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Edger

Started by Cazzhrdwd, March 11, 2016, 08:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cazzhrdwd

I've been looking at edgers and it seems the Cooks is the best for me. It has a wide cut (21") which is much wider than Woodmizers. It seems to be less money.
I'm going to run the electric motor.
What about the lasers, why are they so expensive? (2700 for both)

Is a laser something I can put on myself?

What do you guys think? Are there any others I should be looking at?
96 Woodmizer LT40Super  Woodmizer 5 head moulder

dustyhat

Timber king built one i think it was called the talon, it was a belt feed design. i myself really liked the looks of it , dont know anything about price. i end up building mine myself and found i love the conveyor feed ,turned out being very accurate .

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

Cheap lasers work well in low light conditions.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

Cazzhrdwd

Quote from: dustyhat on March 11, 2016, 09:16:35 PM
Timber king built one i think it was called the talon, it was a belt feed design. i myself really liked the looks of it , dont know anything about price. i end up building mine myself and found i love the conveyor feed ,turned out being very accurate .

I looked at it briefly, watched a video of it.

Anyone use Cook's?

Cazzhrdwd

Quote from: GeneWengert-WoodDoc on March 11, 2016, 10:57:27 PM
Cheap lasers work well in low light conditions.

Wonder why theirs is so expensive? Mine will be undercover so the laser should work well.

xlogger

Did you ever get an edger? I'm thinking about getting one, looking at TK's or a Cook's. Been looking for a used one close by with no luck. Don't want to make the drive to either place. Cooks is closer but still about 10 hours. I'd like to see anyone of the two run, does anyone in NC or lower Va have one I can come and see?
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

Thank You Sponsors!