iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Survivor, David vs Goliath

Started by Magicman, September 26, 2018, 09:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Thankfully something back on TV worth watching.  Tonight's events were unfortunate but this could shape up to be a very interesting and entertaining series.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DPatton

Oh man I forgot it was on. I hope it recorder but I don't know why it would have since I didn't have it setup to record. 
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Cedarman

The chemistry between the contestants seems to be going very well.
A few dufus mistakes early in the game.  Right, MM, finally something to look forward to watching.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Chuck White

I was about to change channels when it flashed onto the screen!

Looks like a full gamut of contestants on each of the teams!

Should be interesting season!

Unfortunate start though!  :(
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

I was sorta hoping that tribal would go the other way but sadly the weak and non-thinkers loose.  They are also divided so there will be more surprises.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

buzzegray

Seems like they hired actors for this season.
There is a fake factor feeling.

Chuck White

Dang!  I got busy and missed it!  >:(
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Chuck White

Magicman

I didn't predict the outcome but it was understandable.  Mouth vs mouth and someone looses.  Now they will have to deal with the weak link, but the tribes being shuffled changes everything.  ::)

Cedarman

Many, many more have been voted off because they opened their mouths instead of keeping them closed.  Wished they went a couple more rounds before regrouping.

Cedarman

I am still loving Survivor.  Seems as if enthusiasm is waning here.  Anyway, Elizabeth must have been fraying a lot of nerves.  I enjoyed her play.  There is going to be a lot of blood from all the backstabbing that is coming up.

Jeff

THere is something about this season that seems different. I can't lay my finger on it. Its not drawing me in. I'm watching, but it seems its more like I am simply observing. 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

I have missed several episodes so it is all a new game for me.  Yes, the dramatics seem ho-hum but the show is still better than whatever is second best on the tube.  It's actually the only thing that I look forward to watching.

Raider Bill

I'm pulling for the geek Christenson
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Ron Wenrich

Sheldon plays Survivor.  Love him on puzzles.  
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Magicman

Last night's episode had some drama and dramatics.  No matter who does it to whom, I love to see twists and there could be even more with the advantage and idols. 

btulloh

Kind of a unique twist last night.  I was glad to see Big Bang Theory make it through.  He's kind of interesting.
HM126

WV Sawmiller

I enjoyed last night. It clearly showed the value of the alliances. Not too sure how long they will last but keeps things interesting.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Percy

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on November 15, 2018, 09:04:50 AM
  I enjoyed last night. It clearly showed the value of the alliances. Not too sure how long they will last but keeps things interesting.
Yes..Last night was awesome.....That mike fella kinda left the "Strike Force" as Christian calls it. He will have to stick with his tribe alliance as his credibilty is kaput. I got blindsided last night....until the votes were counted, I had no idea John was even on the table....Slick move. If I was Nik, I would have played the idol nullifier thing and punted Angela....
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Chuck White

Real good show last night, double blindside and everything and the one with only 2 votes goes to the jury!  :)

With 2 idols cast last night, I have no prediction of what will happen next time, but one of them better watch out! ::)

Magicman

Well played.  There are still too many players and too many twists ahead for me to lean toward a favorite.

Chuck White

The game is not unlike politics, I feel that in politics that the political party lines should be dropped once you are in office!   At that point, you work for everyone, not just one side of the fence!

These guys started out on the David or the Goliath team, but the teams are in the past, and the players should go with what they have now, one team and just vote out which ever player needs to go and stop with the D&G!

I did like it tonight with the nullifier, and the idol players name on it!

Well played!

Cedarman

As George Peppard was known to say "I love it when a plan comes together".
If the Davids stick together they can get to a final five.  If not, any one of them can get knocked out.  If they can get one of the Goliaths to vote for Christian and he uses his idol and a Goliath doen't have one, then it will be 5 to 4.  They control their destiny.
Silly of Goliaths to meet as a group in front of the Davids.  If they had met in two's or three's, it would have confounded the Davids. IMHO of course.
The game is on .  Love it.
Can you imagine Dan's mind when he realized he went from totally safe to totally vulnerable.
What a sinking feeling.  

btulloh

Another interesting twist.  I still don't have a favorite, but at least my un-favorites are getting voted off.
HM126

Jeff

WV Sawmiller

I enjoyed the game last night with the vote stealing advantage and idol nullifier being played the way they did. Unfortunately I also liked Dan - he seemed a pretty decent guy - and hated to see him go. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

I enjoyed the double episode night especially the last tribal.  :)

DPatton

I thought both episodes were good. That 5 1/2 hour immunity challenge had to be grueling and mentally defeating ( way to go Christian). Oh, and Angela pulled a feather from out of her you know where too, didn't she?
 I enjoy watching how different individual personalities handle getting voted out, and I thought both of them tonight showed class in how they left the game.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

D & S Sawmill Services

Percy

I'm not sure if the footage is edited in a certain way or not but it was easy to see the Carl demise coming. As DPatton said, he and Alex checked out with class regardless. Im rooting for Christian but the teaser for next weeks show Gabby betraying him....should be interesting

WV Sawmiller

I loved the way Christian won the immunity challenge with a boring story to help wear down Alec and keep himself focused. I was glad to see Carl go but I'd have given Angelina the boot. One thing that is obvious - you don't want to stick your head up. The more visible you become the bigger the target you become. I was happy to see the twists and turns and liked the negotiations for more rice. 
Howard Green

Raider Bill

Most everyone I know that watches it is pulling for Christian including myself.
That said, I suspect he won't last much longer.

I cracked up when the Harvard trained negotiator on her first offer for rice about gave the whole camp away. Was wondering what her second offer was going to be as not much was left although in the end she pulled her tail out of the fire for another week or so.

The 2 hour special surprised me, didn't see that coming.

WV Sawmiller

Yeah, I think Christian is becoming too visible and in for a fall. I have high hopes for Mike as he seems one of the most unlikely to survive.

BTW - with her negotiating skills Angelina might should consider a career in government service. She seems like a natural. :D :D
Howard Green

Cedarman

I hope she negotiates herself right onto the jury. :D :D
Christian has an idol.  Will he use it at the right time?

Magicman

Yup, Christian absolutely played the idol correctly....to save his skin.  :o

There should now be more to be found which would be game changers. 

Cedarman

Christian did use the idol at the right time.  Gabby's big move moved her right onto the jury.
My favorite one to be gone last night.  Sure didn't pay to be a physically strong player this year.  

Raider Bill

I was out riding then remembered it was Survivor night. Got home just in time to see Gabby go.

WV Sawmiller

I was happy to see her go and was glad to see how Christian played his idol. I'd still have rather seen Angelina go. Looks like the final survivor will be someone who kept his head down. Gabby should have done the same.
Howard Green

Jeff

Christian is definitely going to need an idol or win immunity next time or he will be nerd toast.

DPatton

Quote from: Jeff on December 06, 2018, 08:49:44 AM
Christian is definitely going to need an idol or win immunity next time or he will be nerd toast.
:D :D :D :D nerd toast.  :D :D :D :D :D

D & S Sawmill Services

DPatton

Yep, Gabby deserved what she got. Scary part was that Christian never saw it coming. Good thing he had someone watching his back. I agree Christian will need to maintain immunity to stay in the game because too many players need him gone for their own game. I'm keeping and eye on Kara (not only because she's pleasant to look at) as she has been solid as a rock and kinda flying under the radar lately. I noticed Angelina managed to avoid being a target again, I don't know how she does it but she's still hanging in there. 

D & S Sawmill Services

btulloh

Angelina might get to the end because she won't get many jury votes, if any.  Then again, my track record on predictions is not real good.
HM126

WDH

Interesting that the dude that tipped off Christian that he was on the chopping block actually voted for him :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Could have been a well orchestrated plot to force him to play the idol?  Christian will now trust him which could later be his actual downfall. 

Jeff

I think at this point in the game, smart players trust NO ONE.

WDH

It does look like an idol flush ploy.  It worked, too. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Cedarman

I bet it looks like a bunch of scurrying ants looking for an idol next day.  No reason to hide the fact you want to find one.  The immunity challenge will be fought to the bitter end too.  There are several good puzzle solvers left, so I don't think Christian has a lock on that if there is one to solve.  Looking forward to the next episode.

Percy

>:( >:( >:( That sucked  >:( >:( >:(

Cedarman

And the weak shall inherit a million dollars.

Magicman

I hated to see Christian leave but he was a "marked man".  There should now be a scramble to find a hidden idol either of which will be very valuable to get you to the end.

Jeff

WDH

Probably only one idol left to be played.

WV Sawmiller

I'm with Jeff. I like Davie but I think he has become to visible. Actually I like several like Mike too and the doctor lady (I forget her name). I almost think Kara (I think that's her) will win as she has definitely kept her head down and not ticked off anyone. will be glad to see Angelina on the jury. I think next week is a double session and maybe the season finale if I heard right.
Howard Green

Jeff

Cedarman

Mostly stamina challenges rather than puzzle challenges of late.  Will see if that changes next Wed.  Davie and the Doc are my favorites at the moment.  But the Doc is seen as a big threat, so she is probably gone next.  I think it has been a well played season and enjoyable.  All the really unlikable ones got voted off early.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Jeff on December 13, 2018, 11:09:47 AM
Yes, season finale.
Seems like they go faster every season. During the cold winter months we rewatch old seasons, up to 15 now. Can't wait to get to Natalie's win!

Jeff

The new one will start again in our cold winter month. Feb 20 2019.

Chuck White

Yes, the Season Finale is next week, the big 2-hour show!  popcorn_smiley

Magicman

This was a very enjoyable "home stretch".  I would have voted for Nick.  Good show.

WV Sawmiller

Good finish and I am happy with the results.

I would have been very disappointed if Angelina had won it. She was too busy back stabbing to win the social aspect. I thought she was cruel to Aylisson in the end. I don't see where she even got a vote from the jury. I liked Mike till the last challenge or two and I did not like the way he played his alliances and such then. I was surprised he won the fire making challenge. I'd love to have seen Kara win as she did a super job of keeping her head down. I don't think she ever got a vote at council.  
Howard Green

Magicman

Kara was totally under the radar and was never seen as a threat by anyone.  They seldom even showed her during Tribals.  Yup, Mike's fire was a fluke but in the end it did not matter. 

Cedarman

Bossy, strong, good looking, authoritative, endurance, qualities that got you voted off this time.  The meek won the day.  Angelina must have made it because Nick knew no one on the jury would vote for her.  Lawyers know how to work the jury.

WV Sawmiller

Yeah, when Nick won final immunity he got to choose who to take to to the final vote with him and he said he figured he'd have more competition against Kara and Mike than Angelina and one of them so he picked her. It was a good decision. I don't think he could have beat Kara if she had survived the fire challenge - but we will never know.

I think everyone recognizes the gamesmanship and alliances and some double dealing that is required but Angelina's fake idol trick with Alyson was just vindictive and unnecessary. She was gloating about that and the jury did not appreciate that. You can do mean things without trying to appear mean. Her exaggeration about the effort she went to to get the  final hidden immunity idol did not impress anyone either.

I'd still like to have seen Davy win.
Howard Green

Jeff

In the History of survivor, i cannot recall ever seeing a contestant pray as Davey did before he cast his vote. Prayer for others, not himself. He was a class act.

DPatton

I agree with Nick taking home the gold. It's not very often on Survivor that the purple ribbon goes to the person I though should have won, but this time it did.
 I do enjoy it much more when the jury stays positive and respectful of the final three like this group did for the most part. Sometimes the hard feelings and drama in the jury at final tribal can be too much. 
I don't know why but for some reason this season I never really felt like I had a camel in the race except for maybe Christian. Nick however did deserve to win, and I'm glad he was the jury's choice.

D & S Sawmill Services

Raider Bill

Did anyone else catch Angelinas statement that she was a woman of color? Jeesch, I'm darker than she is.

Jeff

I missed that. What color is she?

Raider Bill

Magicman

Yes, I heard her remark about being a woman "of color" but I never figured out why she made it nor from what race the "color" came from.  ??? 

btulloh

Finally got to see the finale last night.  Good season.  Good result.  I didn't have any real villains to root against this time.  Would have liked to see Christian or Davie win, but Nick was a deserving winner.  I'm curious about Angelina's woman of color comment too.  She said and did some things at the reunion that made me scratch my head.    
HM126

WV Sawmiller

I saw her comment then remembered she said she had climbed between 100-150 ft up a sheer cliff (on an 8' ladder BTW) to retrieve the immunity idol so I figured it was about as truthful. I figured it was another ploy for sympathy votes. I think she would probably have said or done anything to try to win. It appears the jury saw through all her efforts and rewarded her accordingly.
Howard Green

Ron Wenrich

She had mentioned in an earlier show.  She's Hispanic.  Identity politics.  
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

WDH

Are Hispanics people of color?  I guess that we are all people of color, but I don't want to start a fight about it.  Maybe only some people are people of color and all the rest are colorless?

Chuck White

Quote from: Raider Bill on December 21, 2018, 08:03:06 AM
Did anyone else catch Angelinas statement that she was a woman of color? Jeesch, I'm darker than she is.
If I remember correctly, she said something like "being a woman of color". 
Not that I really care, but she didn't really strike me as a woman of color!
But she said.......

Cedarman

Another example of how to play to not win survivor.

Thank You Sponsors!