iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry forum on facebook?

Started by celliott, December 01, 2009, 01:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celliott

This topic may speak mainly to the younger members of the forum, like myself, but i was wondering how many members of the forum are on the social networking site facebook?  I know there isnt an official forestry forum group(yet), but just wondering how many members are out there?
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

fishpharmer

I thought Forestry Forum is a social networking site.  I have heard of that other one.  I'll stick with FF. 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Jeff

I'm on there for family purposes, but don't frequent it much when I am home. I did while away at bear camp for extended family's sake, but for Forestry Forum purposes, the Forum itself does quite well.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dodgy Loner

I'm on it because I'm under 30 and it's required by law ;)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

beenthere

I dislike Facebook.

Am on it, but don't do quit doing the "lets be friends" bit. Get on and find out a friends list of their friends, and pretty soon, one can find out about everyone he/she knows.
But don't mind others wanting to let everyone know about themselves to anyone and everybody who wants to know.

I'll stick to the FF.
:) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ernie

My daughter came down from Toronto for the funeral of a dear friend the other day and got me started.  I have discovered old school mates that I haven't heard of or from for 50 years.

The jury is still out though
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Captain

I am on Facebook and I do enjoy it to keep in contact with friends and family.  I have also been a bit harsh in judging the friend requests....people I did not even associate with in High School for example....
On the other hand, it is a good way to communicate with distant friends and family, and with the Firefighter's Motorcycle Club I belong to as an example.

Captain

scgargoyle

I'm on Facebook (and I'm a youngish 56). It's OK. I've re-connected with a few 'lost' family members, but that's about it. I only 'friend' people that are already friends anyhow.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Tom

I'm on it and I'm over 30.  

I find it generally annoying and don't go there much, unless I get an email that someone left a note.  I don't think I even get all of those.  

There is too much of that stuff of people wanting to be friends who I don't know from Adam.  (not you Adam).  I don't know where they come from, friends of friends or email accounts.  I sometimes think that they are sending out friends notices to everyone in their email contact list.  That's when those "Forwards of forwards of forwards" come in handy.  They litter your contact list with all kinds of unknown people if you let it.

Then there are people who send these fool bouquets of roses and stuff.  Now there is a farm business/game thing going on and people I don't know are asking for mules, fertilizer, tractors and all kinds of stuff.  

Had an inlaw get mad because his son had the measles and I hadn't said anything.  The boy is in college in Jacksonville.  I said, "I didn't know, nobody told me he was sick".    The inlaw says, "I PUT THE ANNOUNCEMENT ON FACEBOOK!!".   

"Well 'Scuze ME all to H?!?!"

Heck!!  I don't have the time for the Forestry Forum and the few other little sites I visit, Much less be "TIED" to a confounded site where all these games are played.  And, I thought that SPAM in my email  was a nuisance......  :-\

Is that curmudgeony enough? :D :D

Jeff

The spam generated by or because of facebook is freakin horrible.

celliott

Hehehe :D, somehow, those were the responses I thought I might recieve ::)
I am in college, and it is "the thing to do", there is alot about the site I do not care for, but one thing I have noticed about the forum is that everyone is always polite, and very helpful.  The forum is a very useful tool, and a great site.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

SwampDonkey

I know of some people who are on there all day like they are on a phone line and the people would be just down the road. I'm not on there. I was on "My Space" for about 2 weeks. Got bored real quick.

Mom's cousin is there to get all the gossip from everyone in her area. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

breederman

I am on facebook. I like it to keep in touch with family and friends . I am very choosy about who I "friend" I keep in touch more with my brothers now than I ever did in the past. You can hide all the crap so you don't get it. I have a yahoo acct. that I use to sign up for stuff with and the spam goes there.
Together we got this !

zopi

I am on it because if you are you don't have to get a building permit to build a sawmill shed out of record sized american elm trees.

heh...deeeerail.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

moonhill

So how big are those elm trees, how about a picture?  Didn't elm get wiped out a while back?

Tim

This is a test, please stand by...

Jeff

There are still some monsters around. Usually standing in the middle of a field or somehow isolated from any others. There are two great big ones near Stlawart in the U.P, out in the middle of a near section field that I admire every time we drive by. I'd love to get permission to walk out there and see how big they really are.  From almost a half mile a way they look huge. No mistaking the form.  Sad thing is, that this year I see one of them was dieing out in the top. Looks like the dutch elm has finally found it.

The national champion elm died just a few short years ago, less then an hours drive from our home.  I think if you google Buckley elm it should come up.

D Hagens

I love facebook 8) Don't any of you guys play Farmsville on there? It's the bestest game ever! You never lose the farm, you always make money even if you decide to go drinking for a week! :D :D They even have pink cows that make strawberry milk.

I can talk to the wife at work through facebook and I don't even have to hear her nagging voice. :D :D :D

isawlogs

I am on there , I find it really nice to stay in touch with the kids the neices and nephews . And ya , I play farmville .  8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

wi woodcutter

I think that facebook is pointless.

Anybody that I am "friends" with has my phone number and they can call me. :)
2-066's ms660 034av 076av huskee 27ton splitter CB5036
A guard dog needs food, water, shelter, walking and training.
My Smith & Wesson only needs a little oil!

isawlogs

True , my neices and nephews have my number also . but economics of them and schoolling makes calling a big dent in there budget , also I have friends that fall into the internation calling thing .. that also is costly .
So for me Facebook aint so useless or pointless
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

isawlogs

I am a real cheap farmer Jeff , I did not buy into it  ;)

Marcel

Jeff

Ya yhve to be careful on some of those things. You take say an I.Q. test then they want your cellphone number to send you the results via a text message.  Easy to fall for.  Once you do, you are on a subscription service that costs you every time you send a message.

isawlogs

Havent done that either ... I am shy .  :-\     I wonder how long or if the link would stay up on my page on Facebook ... Or if they hae a wood shed to put me in ...  :D

Marcel

bull

I do FB and Jeff's on my friends list.... Im over 30....also have a page for the farm.... Marketing !!! its how the younger folks communicate..... hopefully p/u a few more customers

Thank You Sponsors!