iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Merry Christmas

Started by LIL, December 01, 2012, 05:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LIL

As it is December 1st at our house it was time to pull out the Christmas tree today - much to the delight of Miss Lara (aged 5 & 3/4's).  Since having young children in the house it has become tradition to put the tree up come the 1st :)   Here is this years tree

Another tradition - Ian and Lara putting the star on last of all

and our tree at night

We look forward to seeing more Christmas Tree pics from y'all :)

LIL
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

Roger2561

With a helper like that, how can the tree not look great?  Children have a way of making the pretty look beautiful.  Merry Christmas!  Roger
Roger

WDH

Those traditions are precious.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

You can tell you all like the woods. That yellow and black National forest sign gave it  away.   :D  I have to get mine out. Yes,it is a fake one,but after walking through a Christmas Tree Farm for 2 hours,trying to find that tree that she liked the best of any an hour ago,after looking at about 20 trees and not finding it. Than to get the perfect tree home only to hear,"If I would of seen that spot I would not of brought it",we went to a fake one. And she likes it up by now too. One year was kinda dry here, and the tree stopped taking water after about a week. That was tree was some dry by Christmas.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Norm

That's a great picture Lil!

I wasn't going to bother with one but a friend of mine said YES you are. So we went out yesterday on her day off and got a fraiser fir from a local tree farm. Even got it up with out too much hassle!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Norm
Good on your friend. A nice looking tree and decorated well.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WildDog

Great Christmas trees guys. :) Tradition must be slipping this year in our house, the trees not going up untill next weekend.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

LIL

Thanks for the picture Norm.  Lara was really excited to see it.  She thinks your tree is beautiful and that you have done a good job.  She can't wait to see more pictures of Christmas trees. 

LIL
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

davbell22602

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

Very nice trees folks, and Miss Lara looks happy as can be!  We're planning a move within in the next few weeks so probably not a lot of decorations here but we'll at least have a tree if all goes as planned (hopefully). Hope everyone can enjoy a Merry Christmas.

clww

"Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree"....
I think we'll end up installing ours sometime around the 12th or 13th, after a return to VA Beach from the mountains. I like all the trees shown so far. I'm especially glad that Norm put one up, too. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Roxie

My tree isn't up yet, but the Grandchildren were excited to share the picture of their tree with Lara. 

Say when

LIL

Quote from: Roxie on December 02, 2012, 09:02:58 PM
My tree isn't up yet, but the Grandchildren were excited to share the picture of their tree with Lara. 

Lara is standing here mesmerised saying "WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW".  Her favourite part is the angel on the top :)

Thank you for sharing with her and a huge HI from NZ to your grandchildren, she really is enjoying this thread. :)
Hobbies and Interests  

cinnabar

Thought of you all when we set up the displays.
Safe Journeys to all.  Peace.

Jeff

We have a tree that stays up all year long and Tammy decorates it depending on the holiday.  :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Nice simple tree.....and beautifully decorated. Thumbs ups to Tammy.

But I gotta ask.......did you make the stand / stool with the checker board on it? Now that's country! Love it.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 03, 2012, 07:51:13 PM

But I gotta ask.......did you make the stand / stool with the checker board on it? Now that's country! Love it.

Sure did, and the checkers were made by forum members. They are in a wooden bowl behind the tree right now. The table was one we used at one of the Sawmill shoot outs. I brought it home and cut the legs off. We also have another one in the same room with forum members signatures on it.  Here is the topic
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,5746.0.html

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on December 03, 2012, 07:56:41 PM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 03, 2012, 07:51:13 PM

Sure did, and the checkers were made by forum members. They are in a wooden bowl behind the tree right now. The table was one we used at one of the Sawmill shoot outs. I brought it home and cut the legs off. We also have another one in the same room with forum members signatures on it.  Here is the topic
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,5746.0.html

Thanks for putting me on the history of the checker board and stools. Pretty Cool!
I still wanna ramble through your barn.  :D

thecfarm

I'm 8 days late with the tree. That's what the wife told me. She really likes Christmas. I have to put the train around the bottom of it. Grandkids are getting older now. They can put the train back on the track when they make it fall off now.  ;D  The 19 year old Granddaughter asked me if I was going to set the train up. You all know what I said to that.

We went with no lights again this year,except for the angle on the top.

isawlogs

Lara , I think your tree is the best lookin' one yet  ;D
  We have not  put the tree up yet but that will come soon. My wifes brother and his family are flying in from Samoa next weekend and this place needs to be decorated, the outside was done today as the weather was mild. When the tree gets put up and decorated I will have a picture on here of it.

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

LIL

Jeff and Tammy your tree got an "ohhhhhh wowwwwwwwwwww"  The cfarm, Lara tells me yours is "more beautiful than ours"  So two seals of approval.  Thanks for sharing your trees - It's so neat for the whole family to enjoy the forum :)

LIL

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
From Lara
Hobbies and Interests  

Brucer

We don't have our indoor tree up yet, so I took this picture of our outdoor tree just for Lara :).

Even though we live in the middle of a forest, there are no smallish trees in front of the house -- I cut them down for fire protection. But there is a small Grand Fir across the parking lot that is finally big enough to support a string of lights. It's nicely visible from the kitchen window and of course any visitors get to see it.

I got the lights up and working the day before the family came over for supper. My almost-4-year old grandson was just as excited about the tree as Lara is about hers.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

LIL

Thank you Brucer,

We get excited when this thread pops up.  Lara said "THANK YOU"  She's finding it hard to get her head around the tree being outside and not inside.   ;D

LIL
Hobbies and Interests  

thecfarm

We will have at least 10 trees out side decorated with just lights. I have 7 up now,but no lights.These are all Charlie Brown trees. I just go out in the woods and cut then down and make a hole in the ground and put them in that way. Than we leave them up all winter for the birds. We have no trees on the front lawn. This helps the birds to get to the feeder,gives them a place to hide.

Brucer

LIL, tell Lara our indoor tree will be going up this weekend.

The outdoor tree only has lights -- no other decorations. The lights are on a timer so it goes on just after dark and switches off at bedtime. If you look closely at the picture, you'll see the lights are shining off snow on the branches and beneath the tree. Snow in December -- I bet that's a novel idea.

When the snow gets thick, the lights make it glow.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

isawlogs

Here you go Lara, just for you.  :)

Merry Christmas,  :-* :-*
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Norm

beenthere

A lot of work, but I finally got the tree up. I like the smell of pine.
Merry Christmas ;)
(imagine a pic of a little perfume pine tree for deoderizing an auto hanging over some christmas presents, suspended from a back scratcher).  The image wasn't mine.

But the tree is coming........... :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Slab Slicer

Deb and I will be walking the same local tree farm that I've been going to since 1970 as a child. I carried on the family tradition with my family, and we'll be out there this Sunday. This is about the usual time we get a tree. Too early, and it's dried out, dropping needles, and looking a bit bare by Christmas. We've always picked a Douglas Fir, and plan on the same this year. I'll be sure to post a pic for Lara as soon as we have it decorated.
2016 LT35HDG25, Kubota L2501 w/ FEL, Kubota BX1500 w/FEL and custom skidding rig, Stihl MS 500i, Stihl MS362-25", Stihl MS250-20", Stihl MS192-18",  2001 F250 SD 7.3, GMC Sierra Dually 6.0 gasser, Peaqua 16" 10K trailer, Sur-Trac 12' Dump Trailer 10K
Chuck

WmFritz

It's going to be a long two weeks without the use of that back-scratcher.  :D :D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

beenthere

:D :D  got an itch a'ready.

Barto, PA has Doug Fir Christmas trees?  Who'da thunk.   :)
south central Wisconsin

Slab Slicer

Quote from: beenthere on December 12, 2012, 09:28:54 PM
:D :D  got an itch a'ready.

Barto, PA has Doug Fir Christmas trees?  Who'da thunk.   :)

That's what the guy at the christmas tree farm tells me :)
2016 LT35HDG25, Kubota L2501 w/ FEL, Kubota BX1500 w/FEL and custom skidding rig, Stihl MS 500i, Stihl MS362-25", Stihl MS250-20", Stihl MS192-18",  2001 F250 SD 7.3, GMC Sierra Dually 6.0 gasser, Peaqua 16" 10K trailer, Sur-Trac 12' Dump Trailer 10K
Chuck

LIL

Quote from: isawlogs on December 10, 2012, 10:45:05 PM
   Here you go Lara, just for you.  :)
   Merry Christmas,  :-* :-*

Thanks, we haven't been able to get back to this post for a couple of days as we have been busy with Christmas Parties and end of year wind ups etc.  Lara woke up this morning thou and asked if there were anymore trees.  Marcel Lara is super impressed with your tree and thinks that it is BEAUTIFUL. 

Thanks for posting :)

LIL
Hobbies and Interests  

WDH

Hey Lara! 

Here is a Merry Christmas to you all the way from Central Georgia in the US!

This is a wild cut eastern red cedar.  The lights make it hard for the camera to focus  :).

Norm

Wow!

I'm impressed Danny, that is beautiful.  :)

WDH

My wife likes lights.  She likes the tree to be a little open so that she can hang ornaments throughout the tree and you will be able to see them.  She has hundreds of ornaments.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Danny, have you ever thought about asking Santa for a better camera?  :D

isawlogs

I like them a little open also so the ornements can hang from the limbs, but the misses likes them fat and has the ornements lay on the limbs...  We need to cut the lower limbs off a little higher then normaly would be as it gets so full of gifts I'll try to get a pic of that this year.
   Danny what scale is your train, I like that under a tree.  All of those trees are really WOW...  8) 8)

Marcel

Jeff

Looks like a g scale to me. :)

WDH

David,

I have camera operator issues  :).

I am not sure of the scale of that train. 

martyinmi

Here's our tree. Nothing fancy. Picked out and decorated by my 10 year old son. He likes things kinda gaudy like his mom!

Here is a cardboard bulb that I've displayed for almost 25 years. I bought it at one of our family auctions way back when. It actually cost my cousin's son in law his job at Wal Mart back then. He was caught by his boss loading it into his car after retrieving it from a dumpster. Apparently "dumpster diving" is strictly prohibited if you are a Walley World associate! 
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

beenthere

QuoteApparently "dumpster diving" is strictly prohibited if you are a Walley World associate! 

A policy to cut down on the employees stealing things, by tossing them in the trash only to dive in and recover them later. An all too common method I've heard about in the past, so makes some sense.
But not good if someone lost their job if they didn't know the rules.
south central Wisconsin

Jeff

Hi Lara, Here is a better picture off our Little Christmas tree now that it has a bunch of packages around it. I also made a little video tour just for you so you could see some of the ornaments close up that Tammy put on the tree. Merry Christmas!

http://youtu.be/O38ui4J5GOk

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Your just like my son....quit digging around in the presents and be patient.  :)

Jeff

I just caught heck from da blond.

LIL

:-*

Thank you so much Jeff, that is so cool :)  Lara is in bed at the moment, she has her last day (will half day she finishes at lunchtime) of school tomorrow.  Ian has been left with instructions to show her the video  after school :)
Hobbies and Interests  

Magicman

PatD is feeling better, so ours finally got decorated today.   cut_tree

This is with the flash.

And without which shows the lights.   Merry Christmas,  Lara.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LIL

I might have to stop showing Lara all these beautiful trees LOL ;) She is mighty impressed with the lights.
Hobbies and Interests  

LIL

Martyinmi, 

Your tree got a "that's cool"  8)
Hobbies and Interests  

LIL

Hobbies and Interests  

martyinmi

Thanks for posting that short video LIL. I've had a typical rotten Monday, but listening to Lara talk just made my day. 8)  Please tell her I said "thank you" also.
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

Norm

Thank you Lara, Merry Christmas to you.  :)

Magicman

I have watched it several times.  Lara is truly a sweetheart.   smiley_heart 

isawlogs

:-* :-* :-*  Merry Christmas to you as well sweetheart!   :-* :-* :-*

Marcel

sandhills

Quote from: Magicman on December 19, 2012, 08:41:19 AM
I have watched it several times.  Lara is truly a sweetheart.   smiley_heart
I had to watch again this morning just to start the day off right  :).  Merry Christmas Lara and to everyone else as well.  We get to move in the next few weeks but I promised I'd move the tree first and get it put up so I'll take a picture of it for you Lara and I hope Santa brings you what you wish for!

thecfarm

Had to try out some of Jeffs new critters.

:christmas:

and a

:new_year:

:snowfight1:

okmulch

Here is our tree. It is a twelve footer! My boys like lots of lights also.

Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

WDH

That room is perfect for a big tree!

Slab Slicer

The 8 ft Douglas Fir has been up for a week, and we finally got a chance for all 4 of us to do the decorating. It's great when my wife and I along with both kids get to decorate together. My son is 24, and my Daughter is 27, but we still have a great time every year, trimming the tree.

The 2 bears on either side tend to scare the cats at first, not to mention the dog, but they soo get used to them.

Chuck

Slab Slicer

A big thank you  to Lara for posting her video. I hope you have a Merry Chrismas little one, and that you get all the gifts you asked for.

She's a cutie for sure.
Chuck

LIL

Quote from: Slab Slicer on December 22, 2012, 11:36:30 PM
The 8 ft Douglas Fir has been up for a week, and we finally got a chance for all 4 of us to do the decorating. It's great when my wife and I along with both kids get to decorate together. My son is 24, and my Daughter is 27, but we still have a great time every year, trimming the tree.

The 2 bears on either side tend to scare the cats at first, not to mention the dog, but they soo get used to them.

Slab Slicer, Lara is in bed for the night, we have just got back from having an early Christmas Dinner with Ian's family.  I will be sure to show her your photo in the morning, I know she will be impressed.

LIL
Hobbies and Interests  

customdave

Merry Christmas everyone & a prosperous New Year !!!!
        :christmas:      :new_year: 

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

Chris Burchfield

A safe and Merry Christmas wish for all and that you have a healthy and prosperous New Year.  From Memphis TN.  Chris Burchfield
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

DoubleD

I wish everybody a wonderful Christmas  ;D
Wannabe a sawmiller

1270d

Jeff

Quote from: 1270d on December 25, 2012, 11:54:49 AM
Merry Christmas to all!

I don;t know why, but when ever I hear it put like that, I can't resist saying,

"And to all a good night."   ;)

Merry Christmas everyone. :)

Bill Gaiche

The snowman tree is in the dinning room and the other is in the living room. My wife just loves Christmas and all the decorations and so do I, she does a great job. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, bg

sawguy21

Quote from: Slab Slicer on December 22, 2012, 11:36:30 PM

One of our dogs thought it was a new toy to kill. :D She worries them like a terrier. Our not quite 3 granddaughter was a hoot to watch last night. She hasn't quite figured out what s going on but sure likes the idea of presents.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!