iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Flag!

Started by BlaBla, June 24, 2004, 02:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlaBla

First I want to say that I don't mean to offend anyone here and I don't wish to be ridiculed like the member who complained about Reagan funeral coverage. I just wish to state an opinion.

I've noticed that the flags have remained half down since Reagan's death 2 weeks ago. Isn't this a little much? He may have been a great president but I hate to see George Bush trying to benefit from Reagan's actions. Bush's approval ratings have risen 6% or something like that since Reagan's death. Shouldn't GWB be getting support for what he does, and not what a previous conservative president has done? I believe that leaving the flag down is an obvious way of milking more support for himself, and sleezily using a death to do it. I believe that GWB is almost bringing disrespect upon Reagan for leaving it down this long. It is showing that GWB cares more about his support rather than the death of a great politician. What do you all think?

RavioliKid

I have been wondering what the flag etiquette is. Jeff has stated that he is leaving his photo tribute to Reagan up until July 4, which seems like a fitting time.

Will the flags fly at half-staff for a month?

Incidentally, I don't think GWB's popularity spike has anything to do with Reagan's death or with the flags flying at half-staff.
RavioliKid

old3dogg

Somebody will always benefit from someones death.
I do feel that leaving the flag at half mast for a month is the least we can do to remember a great man as Mr. Reagan.
If GWB gains anything from it than so what?If he didnt dont you think that someone else wont?

Tobacco Plug

The US Flag Code calls for the flag to be flown at half mast for thirty days in the event of the death of a past President of the US.
How's everybody doing out in cyberspace?

RavioliKid

Thanks, Lewis!

Now we know.
RavioliKid

BlaBla

Thanks Lewis. I apologize for blaming GWB for a sign of respect to a former president.

Thank You Sponsors!