iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2015 pigroast video feed and picture topic.

Started by Jeff, July 25, 2015, 09:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I'll make this topic sticky, so once we start posting photos or videos this will be easy to find.

I wanted to take a moment to note that I will not be trying to maintain a live video feed this year at the pigroast. Thinking back on it, I spend easily, a combined time of a couple hours during the days that we have guests here trying to keep that feed going, moving the equipment around, trying to protect the equipment from the elements, and so on and so forth. That time I could be using to visit with forum members instead. With all that is going on during the pigroast, I get very little time to talk or visit with anyone for other than a few seconds and am usually exhausted when I do, and when we have 100 people here, I may not get any time at all with some. 

There is still a possibility of a live feed, but if there is, it won't be me handling it this year, but in exchange, I will try to have my camera more available and take more photos and video clips to share later.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

Well understood, and appreciated your vigilance in the past. Those who can make the PR do deserve your full attention and for you to personally enjoy.
Running a live feed is "above and beyond" the already "above and beyond" you and Tammy do for the gathering. Some year hope to get back again.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'll be taking a lot of pics and videos.
I won't be back home until Tuesday.
By the time I get the pics developed and the videos off the floppy disk, it may be Wed, before I can post them.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Texas Ranger

Remember, no pictures, it didn't happen.   8)  but it will allow us lonely ones the ability to folks.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

nmericle53

David, is that camera that you're using a goat pro?
Thank you GOD for blessing me much more than I deserve.

Jeff

Quote from: Texas Ranger on July 28, 2015, 08:08:21 PM
Remember, no pictures, it didn't happen.   8)  but it will allow us lonely ones the ability to folks.

If yer not here, and you don't think it happened, um..., WE DONT CARE!  :D ;D ;)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on July 28, 2015, 08:56:30 PM
Quote from: Texas Ranger on July 28, 2015, 08:08:21 PM

If yer not here, and you don't think it happened, um..., WE DONT CARE!  :D ;D ;)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :

Texas Ranger

I am crushed, I will not get over this, for at least 30 seconds.   ;D

OneWithWood

TR, a little water of life will help ease your trauma.

Violin_smiley
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Texas Ranger

OWW, it did help.  Thanks for the advice, and for Scotland.   8)

Magicman

We caught Jeff cleaning his pool today, but no pictures.  Harley and Icey were "helping".   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Quote from: Magicman on July 29, 2015, 07:00:39 PM
We caught Jeff cleaning his pool today, but no pictures.

you should all be extremely grateful.

sandhills

Well I wouldn't have minded seeing pictures of the help  ;), glad to hear you made it safely Magic.

Texas Ranger

A year long project is supposed to finish tomorrow, that close to being able to come.  But there is always next year.  Yeah, I know, been saying that for a while.  I had hopes of meeting the Goat, and others, but so it goes.

nmericle53

Getting excited. Glad to hear that MM and the MRS. made it safely.
Thank you GOD for blessing me much more than I deserve.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This is what the GOLDEN PIG looks like. Its gonna be good come Saturday. Cheff Jeff has got this pig thing down pat. http://youtu.be/RnfhpNr1Qmo

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This is a video of the meet and greet Friday evening. Lots of food and visiting.
A lot motor folks will be here tomorrow (Saturday ). Perfect weather!  :)
http://youtu.be/3hdbnqPBsoY

samandothers

Nice video and seeing all the folks!  Hope y'all have a lot of fun and good fellowship!

sandhills

my wife just said if we aren't going next year "than I am"  :).  Thanks for the video.

moosehunter

I am off to saw in a few minutes, sure wish I was in Harrison with you folks! Have a great day and enjoy that pig.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Roxie

Poston, thank you so much for the video!!  You even managed to capture the elusive Furby.   :) 
Say when

wwsjr

Wish I could have attended this year, maybe next year?
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Texas Ranger

Who dat slick headed goat keep stickin his noggin in dat video?

fishpharmer

Wish I was there!   Thanks for the video David. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

bama20a

Love the video David,Looks like everyone is enjoying their self's.
If not a lot of trouble it would be nice walk around & get them to tell their user name.That way we can can put a face with the name.  ;D ;D
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

Thank You Sponsors!