iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood stove swap again

Started by yukon cornelius, February 05, 2016, 08:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

I have changed out stoves more in this new house and new shop than I ever have. In the house we started with a voglezang  mountaineer. It was a terrible stove. Next we put in a scandia 100. Amazing stove but just a little too small. When we got down to 1 degree it was hard to keep up with it we were slowly dropping temp in the house. If it had been that for a day we would have been too cold. A few days ago a friend said he had a stove his father in-law built he was selling. $175  and he delivered it literally to the door step on a skidsteer. Today sanded painted new log handles and  now warm and sleepy. This stove is amazing! Big heavy and very well built! I bet this will be the very last swap.

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

beenthere

Yukon
Good for you.

But... it's dark in there...  ::)  are you sure there is a stove there?  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

yukon cornelius

It is dark in here! like a cave.....just the way I like it  ;D  I also took that pic with a tablet. it doesn't work very well unless it is really bright.  :)

Gearbox

Well  get someone to light some candles so we can see the stove. ;D ;)
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

sandsawmill14

Quote from: Gearbox on February 06, 2016, 09:44:56 PM
Well  get someone to light some candles so we can see the stove. ;D ;)

x2  :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

yukon cornelius

sandsawmill14

good looking stove  i bet you like that one smiley_thumbsup
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

yukon cornelius

it is 36" tall and 36" wide for perspective. amish built and well designed. we are friends with a family who left the amish. They are the some of the best people I have ever met. this stove has been great and is warming our house like we have had it before.

Gearbox

works better with light . Looks like a great heater .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Al_Smith

Simple heavy plate steel stove with a lot of surface area. It should serve you well .

Dave Shepard

Looks heavy. Was your friend able to drive right in with the skid steer? :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

yukon cornelius

Quote from: Dave Shepard on February 07, 2016, 08:05:50 PM
Looks heavy. Was your friend able to drive right in with the skid steer? :D

I had a heavy steel wheeled cart and he drove the skidsteer directly up to the door. We slid it off the forks onto the cart. Rolled it to the spot and slid it to the ground. Easy as pie! A pie that weighs over 600 lbs...

This stoves has a cool baffle with a damper that you can open or close to redirect the heat. More than a simple box. So far it is pretty efficient. It can be choked down tight.

Northern Logger

Love the look of your stove ( and your hearth too).  Functionality has a beauty all of its own. And I don't doubt it will work as planed.

Tom L

that's a great looking stove
I like the idea that it has so much room on top to cook on

big pot of stew on there in the morning , ready for dinner

yukon cornelius

yes sir! and just in time for the chili dinner we are having. I just thought we were warm before. now it gets WARM in here. no big consumption change that I have noticed. I ordered a cast iron bear and trees scene wall hanging I am going to attach to the face just above the doors for a little extra dress up.

Thank You Sponsors!