iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A day cutting wood

Started by Peter Drouin, May 01, 2012, 08:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

That is a well staged whack.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

It being 2" lumber and 8" squares.....should be a good day.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on May 28, 2013, 08:58:30 PM
It being 2" lumber and 8" squares.....should be a good day.

there will be some 1" to make 8" squares and some of the log are not good to make 2", for the cut list he has I think he has to get more logs  :D :D
just got a call on a new job 6000 bf , rain tomorow but thats ok I have a customer coming to get 1500bf of lumber I have for him.
and have 3 cut list to price out. about time been a long winter  8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Peter Drouin

Cutting is going ok, but sometimes you find a barber chair log , It did not split all the way but It made the log junk :D

I did this to show you how the log split, then I turned it

but I think the splt went all over

what to do ? I just cut in to 1"x 12". some I got 16' some 8'

at the end of today It was hot 90s and I did not have the giddyup to move the log up on my mill. so I use Magicmans trick :D :D

It work good thanks Magicman :D :D
then I was doing the count because the customer moves it at the end of the day but to day the danG  smiley_furious 2x6x16' fell over

I hate that
well I think Ill be done friday maybe :D only 15 or so logs

A&P saw Mill LLC.

loggah

Peter, Some hot out there today, i bet you wish you had a circus tent over you!!! snow 4 days ago and 90 degrees today,you did real well!! this weather is just crazy !!!! Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Peter Drouin

Yes it was hot  but I got 2200bf done to day. the last of 6000 bf 3 days to do it

some times I don't have room for all the wood :D :D
all and all it went good.

the wood 6000bf

I have to do a cut list for a customer on monday then the next road job tuesday ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

Some of you new guys have asked questions. On cutting logs this is a job I'm doing 4th time he's a good customer.see how I get the guy to put the logs not the best but they're one behind the other :)

Some may say that the cut I made is a waste of time , but I lake to get rid of the bell

And I can see that the log look level I drop 1" and cut my 4" face this is a 12' log .I did get a 1x6x8 out of it

Then my 6" and on to whatever a  width you want
I try to get all the lumber in the log money in my wallet :D

Now this works for me  you're cutting might vary :D

Heres a tip for you guys that cut in hot days and want to wear shorts and don; t like sawdust in your boot :D
I cut the toe off some old socks and put them on before your boots

Gaiters. and I do where 2 pairs of socks year round [ lite ones]
A&P saw Mill LLC.

WDH

If I had white pine to cut, and if I could not cut it, I would want you to cut it  ;D.  Good stuff! 

Unfortunately, almost all our pine down here in the hot, humid, sweltering, South is yellow  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

Today was one of those days :D I told him to put the logs somewhere else. but this will work :D

these are bad logs small and crooked. :D :D all by the hr
and had 2 guys talling

I think we have a ways to go :D

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

A job came in today

one of 3 for a timber frame all w pine

then a load that I got for another customer came in  thats the 4th load this week.

that last load had to be scaled, my wood, the wood for the timber frame is just the sawing rate .and yes thats the same truck. he hauls for a lot of loggers , young man thats not afraid to work,
I might have to get some help :D :D :D  na
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Magicman

You may not get help, but you are gonna be busy.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

Looks like it's time to bolt that mill down and throw away the axle. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Peter Drouin

I can't do that Dave , I have 3 on the road jobs with at least a truckload of logs each :D :D
2 weeks ago we had a little nip in the air and now I have all kinds of calls.
Where were they 6 weeks ago when I was just cutting hemlock and looking for the log truck to show up
But you have to take it when you can, and when the snow hits I'l be  cutting hemlock looking for a truck :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

A load came in

one more to go for the timber frame :D
and also have to get the hemlock cut , have a load of hemlock coming in end of the week  :D

I cut 24' beams today.

the cumtomer don't want 24' one inch wood so I cut them on the cant just put a pice of wood under it and cut , two 12' :D.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

Two loads come in,one load goes out.   ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

it takes 3 loads to make one big load  :D :D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

fishpimp

Very nice Sawin there Pete. Nice logs too! U would prob laugh at some I saw!
Great to see success . Gonna set my goals at your level!!!

Peter Drouin

thanks, just do a good job and the work will come :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

Well a job showed up today.  I think a timber frame, I don't have a cut list yet  :D

I traded my little house away, the guys wife loves it
so I made him go up the ladder  ;D

the pic was taking through a screen  :D I moved it 1 1/2 miles and set it up for him. hes a logger the trade was for one like  this

;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

Then this came in today too

some ok logs and not so ok  :D
I hope the work keeps up, and I keep up  :D will see
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

They forgot the limbs???? looks like wood for my OWB.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mad murdock

You need to patent that gaiter idea! Smart thinkin there! That last load had some nice butt logs, and some REAL knotty stuff, eh?  Good to see you're staying out of trouble 8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

thecfarm

Was that the building that you had the stakes in? And you had more people ask about the building,than the stakes?  :D

Peter Drouin

Quote from: thecfarm on October 24, 2013, 07:26:58 PM
They forgot the limbs???? looks like wood for my OWB.

:D :D :D yes indeed

Quote from: mad murdock on October 24, 2013, 07:47:48 PM
Good to see you're staying out of trouble 8)

I do sleep well  :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: thecfarm on October 24, 2013, 07:55:40 PM
Was that the building that you had the stakes in? And you had more people ask about the building,than the stakes?  :D

yes it is

with a log load like I got I can make 50  :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!