iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A day cutting wood

Started by Peter Drouin, May 01, 2012, 08:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x4American

At least the split went pretty well flat down that pine log!
Boy, back in my day..

beenthere

4x4
I thought that was a chainsaw cut...
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Nomad

Peter, you ain't got no snow yet.  And you're still complaining? :D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

4x4American

:D :D  I didn't catch that, I just saw it and thought to myself, wow, they never split that straight!
Boy, back in my day..

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: nomad on December 09, 2015, 07:10:04 PM

:D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: nomad on December 09, 2015, 07:10:04 PM

It will come, then I'll do it in the snow. :D
It has been nice, 50° today and looks to be that way for a week or so.
Scaling is the pits, but it's part of it.

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Peter Drouin

Frost going in and coming out makes for some mud, Then the sun came out. And it helped dry it up some.

Hay 4x4, Are you skipping 9 2bys at a time on your new table yet?
:D :D :D

Hemlock.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

Pretty good!  I haven't sawed construction lumber in awhile, kinda looking forward to sawing some in the next couple days for a guy down the road.  Love it when I can pull the mill to the job with my tractor.
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

Giving the edger a workout.
How are the mods on the mill working out 4x4?

A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

Great but definitely need dragback fingers, the boards like to go everywhere.  Once I get some more time to do some welding/fabric making I'll nelly some up.  But for now, I'll just keep making gray hairs.  I finally painted the table last night.
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

A customer with some Apple  :D :D :D

Just cutting around the hole.  :D :D

A Day cutting wood.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Magicman

Surprised.  I figured that would be bowl turning blanks.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

I was smelling  butt roast and ribs, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

dustyhat

Man that looked like one big bad knot :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Them Apple logs can become a head scratcher as to which way to start sawing.
Looks good Peter.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

Did a weekend pine job.  Towed mill there with tractor, too sloppy to get there with truck.  Hard to see, but the way the mill was setup I was on my tippy toes trying to see where the clamp was.  Actually enjoyed the mill being so high for a change.

Got that done then came back cleaned up my yard and set back up.  Got some spruce on the deck and oak is up next.

Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

Good job, That is some nice pine. It's always fun sawing nice logs.
And I love the Green tractor. :D 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

Thanks!  I had a blast sawing the pine.  It's been awhile, and something about that accuset 2 and making the offbearer scramble is just fun :D
Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

BTW, I know it's been brought up before here but I've forgotten already, sawing that spruce there's smoke/steam coming out with the sawdust.  What's that about  ???
Boy, back in my day..

Magicman

The log/sawdust was warmer than the outside air.  Kinda like blowing your breath out but in this case, the log was blowing sawdust.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

4x4American

Thanks, Lynn.  The blade broke out of the cut at the weld shorty after, so I wasn't sure if I was pushing too hard or something.  But I've read others having similar problems with these wm 7/34 blades.
Boy, back in my day..

drobertson

Not a turbo 7° but a break the same, except I've never seen one jump out like this one,  first time ever, (i've seen a few break) ;D   

before anyone asks,  I had the guard on, it just flopped out when I pulled the cover..
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

:D  There sems to be no limit as to what a broken blade will do.   :o

Thank You Sponsors!