iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A day cutting wood

Started by Peter Drouin, May 01, 2012, 08:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Peter
Like the bike sold my Harley to build my house . Miss it  .
The siding looks nice on the dormer .
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Peter Drouin

Better pics.

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bandmill Bandit

Total cost of the repair was $16.79 for that push rod. As per Kohler service rep it is not an uncommon issue.

Fishing the busted piece out of the crank case was the most time consuming. the rest of it was about a 20 minute re-assembly task.

Now for the completion of that day of cutting wood.

1156 BF 1"x6"x10' in 3 hours by my self. Not counting clean up. Straight up sawing and moving 2 fork loads of trash to fire wood bucking rack.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

thecfarm

domer siding looks good. Like the trade you made.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Bandit, You did a full day's work there, Good job. 8) 8)

Thanks cfarm, Going to be up by you Fryday at Ross to get some stuff.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

I'm a working 7:30-6 that day. Enjoy the ride.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: Peter Drouin on June 15, 2016, 06:04:38 AM
Bandit, You did a full day's work there, Good job. 8) 8)

Thanks Peter
With the way am I set up for this site and the board return and logs that were as  consistent as main line 16" ish power poles it was pretty easy to get there. I didnt really have to even pick up the boards. Just a bit of a lift as the pick box was filling to get one end up and slide them in.

Even the trash wood was an easy move. Slide the Heavy down on to the forks and toss the light end over. Nothing is more than 3 feet to move.

Nice tight set up

Not the best pic but that is the bucking rack. I can dump the forks right into it. MOST of the time. A few minor mods in order for it are in the works.

The saw dust is about 2 feet deep (about a tote and a half + worth) and I had a neighbor of the customers stop by and ask for the saw dust yesterday. They are coming today to clean it up and paying me to do it. $75 for a full tote.

Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Chuck White

BB, I like your setup in the first pic.

Really makes it nice!   8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Bandmill Bandit

Thank you Chuck and to the forum in general. Much of what I do and how I do it has been and continues to be directly influenced by the good people of this forum.

I have no idea how many years of combined experience there are here but I know I could never live long enough to gain all that experience on my own.

A very heart felt THANKYOU to ALL of you AND to Jeff for making this site availble.

4x4American

BB- great job there.

How did you work out that deal where they pay you for the customer's sawdust? 
Boy, back in my day..

grouch

Nooooooooooooo! I've reached the end of the thread.

Peter: Do you put anything on that live edge siding to preserve it?

I like the owl and the bears.
Find something to do that interests you.

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: 4x4American on June 15, 2016, 11:28:06 AM
BB- great job there.

How did you work out that deal where they pay you for the customer's sawdust?

Customer said what ever you can get is yours and they offered that price. I didn't even ask for it. I was about to say to them to go ahead and come clean it up and they could have it but they offered about half of what they were paying to get it delivered so I am not gona argue.

4x4American

Can't beat that, good tip it was
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

Good set up you have Bandit.

grouch, No, I think I'll let it weather till I get to the silver color I want then spray it with a clear sealer. 
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

No room when I get log trucks in and unload, Then have customers in too.
I'm waiting for someone to run into the logs and sue me. :D :D :D

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

Ride to Maine today, nice ride,  Came home with a truck load of stuff. Went to set up the bx6'. But I had some fixing to do first.
Pulled the mill to the barn with the welder. Fix the fangs on the clamp.

The covers on the mill will vibrate and wear.

Not as nice a job 4x4 would do. :D :D

Use my WM paint and good to go.

Power wash the radiator.

Tomorrow I will set the mill back up with the 6'bx.

The saw is level, going to have to go up.

I wonder why WM calls, it is a 6 ' extension?

A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

Looks good, Peter.  I tell ya, you have some great ideas, I think I will try the fangs on my mill.  And yea, looks like they shorted you about a foot!

And wadaya mean, not as nice? I never paint it with WM orange, so you have me beat right there...remember, a grinder and paint will make a welder what he ain't lol
Boy, back in my day..

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: 4x4American on June 17, 2016, 10:50:50 PM
Looks good, Peter.  I tell ya, you have some great ideas, I think I will try the fangs on my mill.  And yea, looks like they shorted you about a foot!

And wadaya mean, not as nice? I never paint it with WM orange, so you have me beat right there...remember, a grinder and paint will make a welder what he ain't lol

So I guess my 25 inch extension is only 2 feet short of being a 6 foot extension by those numbers.

paul case

maybe 3'? or 2' 11''?

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Peter Drouin

Watch out for the fangs, 4x4 If you go down with the clamp before you back the thing up , You will rip the corner off the cant.  :D :D :D
The fangs will pull a cant down to the bed, if it comes up a little, If you're good. ;D

Got the bx all lined up, I use a string on the blocks so when the cant is up to them they all hit .

I was having trouble with mill drift, After a week of milling and banging logs on and up against the mill. I would have to pull the thing back in place.  :D :D
But, I hope I fixed that today. I bolted the Bx down, then put some steel up to the legs of the mill. So will see. ;D

Fine tune tomorrow, Monday will be the test with 8x8 timbers. :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Dave Shepard

Now you have to change your signature to can saw 50'. :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Peter Drouin

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Quote from: Dave Shepard on June 18, 2016, 09:34:15 PM
Now you have to change your signature to can saw 50'. :)

You know, I did not think of that, Now I can cut to 50'. So now I have to make a mill shed with a 60' door. :D :D :D :D :D :D

You know I did measure from stop to stop without the seat, 27'
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jim_Rogers

Well, you had me concerned so I went out and measured my 6' BX and mine is almost 6'.

I don't know if they shorted you or if they are now selling a 5' model.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Lakehouse2012

LOL - im glad i am not the only one staying up till the wee hours of the morning to read theses novels called forums posts.....  ;D
Quote from: grouch on June 15, 2016, 04:06:08 PM
Nooooooooooooo! I've reached the end of the thread.

Peter: Do you put anything on that live edge siding to preserve it?

I like the owl and the bears.
I'll be building a mill this fall, I have my wife's approval so I am going for it!!

Peter Drouin

Jim I did not count the part past the black line.
I was measuring how much cut I get. I think WM counts the last 10" of the mill that's not used when the bx is not on. 
You can see you only can use 5' 3" of yours.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!