iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A day cutting wood

Started by Peter Drouin, May 01, 2012, 08:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

Another nice day milling, small job 3 or 4k bf all w pine

All box wood :D :D things went well. then they brought some black cherry logs in , old ones :D :D will see how that gos :D :D they use john to bring them

there in the back and if you look good theres a b wallnut too. so the loger tells me not to leve tools behind thieves around :o :o :o well thats all I need to here. so now the extra work . Before I cover the mill I put a log on it pull the key 

then I pulled the hich :D :D :D

the mill had best be there tomorrow :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Peter, If I came to your work site at night trying to steal something and saw your mill covered up like that.........

I'D SHOOT IT !

DanG thing looks like a Dinosaur.  :D eating out of a trash can.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

An Apatosaurus  :D.

Those cherry logs make me drool  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tree Feller

Quote from: WDH on September 24, 2012, 09:42:09 PM

Those cherry logs make me drool  :).

Yeah, I'm wiping slobber off the keyboard, too.   ;D

Is a skidder an awesome-looking machine or what?
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

WDH

An awesome performing machine, too. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

Hi all I finish today 3840.0 BF I would have some pic but the kodak will not work , wife says to much sawdust in it :D :D :D so I pulled out the spare .I was to get some pics of the cherry so WDH could drool all over himself  :D :D :D ;D and Tree Feller can slobber more on his keyboard  :D :D  new job tomorrow :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

WDH

We really, really need pictures of that cherry lumber!

Please  ??? ;D.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Peter Drouin on September 25, 2012, 08:58:24 PM
Hi all I finish today 3840.0 BF I would have some pic but the kodak will not work , wife says to much sawdust in it :D :D :D so I pulled out the spare .I was to get some pics of the cherry so WDH could drool all over himself  :D :D :D ;D and Tree Feller can slobber more on his keyboard  :D :D  new job tomorrow :)

Southern people drool and slobber by nature. Lumber have nothing to do with it.  :D

WDH

How did you know that I was Southern?    :D :D :D

Peter Drouin

Well WDH you do eat grits don;t ya :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Peter Drouin on September 25, 2012, 09:24:58 PM
Well WDH you do eat grits don;t ya :D :D :D

This just in........another thread shot all to whale due to food.  :D

WDH

And to make it even worse, it was grits that did it  ;D.

Bandmill Bandit

This just in........another thread shot all to whale due to food.  :D
[/quote]

Well let get it back on topic.

just one log from another day cutting wood. All the video is shot with an Iphone 4S

http://vimeo.com/50118425

28 inch small end 14 foot long  knarly old aspen.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Tree Feller

Cool video, but...

Where's The Cherry???
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook

Peter Drouin

HI Tree Feller no pics of the cherry the camera died had to get a new one. but I did get some pics of the new job :D

small job, all w pine. had a time to setting the mill, I like it level :D

I started late 10 am, rain today. but it went well. got some wood cut. that fresh cut pine cuts like butter

this is how the guy piled the logs, to hi you have to be careful :D :D

A&P saw Mill LLC.

WDH

Yeah, that could be a broke leg waiting to happen.  Or worse. 

You are a white-pine-cutting-rascal  ;D.  Also known as He-who-failed-to-take-pictures-of-the cherry  :D.

Tree Feller

Quote from: WDH on September 26, 2012, 08:28:29 PM
  Also known as He-who-failed-to-take-pictures-of-the cherry  :D.

Yeah, but the pics of the White Pine are very nice. Danny's right, though. You are one sawmillin' dood, Peter.   ;D

Cody
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook

Delawhere Jack

I wouldn't mind a "small job" like that now and then......but a lower log pile might keep me from going completely gray.

thecfarm

Like the looks of those logs. Now the next job will have them every which way and spread all over the place.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

If you go ahead and knock them down, you won't have to worry about them hurting you.  Probably by the time that you read this, they will be sawn.

Chuck White

I don't like a high pile of logs either.

Other than personal injury, they could fall and roll against the mill, then damage the hydraulics and put you out of business for a few days.

I always keep the pile knocked down whenever "visitors" (customer's kids, etc) come around, because kids love to climb on log piles.

Also, at the end of the day, we always roll logs to fill the area between the pile and the mill!  Sometimes it also helps to roll the logs up because we're sawing in a cow pasture and there is nothing any nosier than cattle, then they'll leave their mark right where you don't want it. smiley_bull_stomp
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Peter Drouin

Hi all, well I did not get done today the guy wants to bring more logs in. So I left at 4. The logs will be there Monday :D 

all most maybe if I stay late :D  not :D I'm going to the deer field fair tomorrow, WM will be there 8) 8). I did cut some stikings for him so all the wood will be moved out of the way :D

just some of the wood,  did I say I'm going to the FAIR and look at the new WM 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) maybe I'll get a LT50 :D :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

WDH

Peter Drouin

Hi all , A little wet today but thats ok :D went to the fair to see the new WM :D :D :D 8)

jeremy from NY a little wet but having fun

Ross from  main showing how to use a WM

All and all a good day even a turner mill was there 

turner even had a fire wood processor there, all look good

A&P saw Mill LLC.

SAWMILL BUDDY

Thank You Sponsors!