iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack 209D

Started by Stroker-Ace, March 30, 2015, 09:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stroker-Ace

Hello, I'm new to the Forum and am in the midst of restoring a 1969 Timberjack 209D. I had the machine for sale and a guy was supposed to come check it out. So I fired it up and was pushing some snow around and pretty soon I had smoke coming out of the T-case. Long story short, I didnt sell the skidder and pulled the T-case apart to assess damage. At this point me and my boys decided to go right through the whole machine doing all pins and bushings and converting brake to disc and probably pulling out the old smokey Perkins diesel and putting in a 3.9 Cummins NA that I have access to. I guess Im looking for hints and help as to where to find parts and replacement decals and also what other members think I should/shouldnt do in the resto. Thanks in advance!!

so il logger

Welcome to the forum  :) Have you got any pic's of the jack? Everyone loves to see what your working with

Neilo

Try and upload some pictures. It will help get an idea of what you are dealing with.

A rebuild kit for a NP200 is the one for that transfer case.

Stroker-Ace

Ok thanks for the info guys! I cant seem to upload pics. It says I have the wrong file or some dang thing right now. Will work on it though! Btw Im from the UP of Michigan.

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

If your pics are .jpg format on your computer, they will work if you get them loaded into your gallery under your named album. Go to "Home" page and scroll to near the bottom for the help posting them. Not difficult, but not a simple copy and paste either.
Shout out if you run into any problem.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Stroker-Ace

Ok I was able to load pics to the gallery.  Using the mobile site off my phone so still gotta work on getting pics to this post. Thanks for the help!

beenthere

Just continue clicking on the blue line below your post, but when the new window pops up then go to the "my gallery" tab, click on the pic that you want to post. It will enlarge (and turning the pic right side up is possible at this point as well, I believe) and then you scroll down and will see the "insert image in post" button. (Prolly that is where the fail is at). 

See if that works for you...
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ron Scott

Where are you located in the UP?
~Ron

Stroker-Ace

Stroker-Ace

Stroker-Ace

Stroker-Ace

Stroker-Ace

Finally got it figured out. Had to go to my laptop to do it though. Ron, I'm located in the beautiful Copper Country! 8)

thecfarm

Stroker-Ace,Welcome to the forum. Good luck with the rebuild. Take pictures and keep us up dated.
Have you read this thread yet?
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,13313.0.html
That will keep you busy for a few minutes.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Stroker-Ace

Thank you sir! Yes i have looked at that thread...a little more than a few minutes there though! :D Wondering if anybody has any info or parts break-downs of the pto I have. There's a tag that says Braden on it and theres a part number stamped into it. 1-TED-1 and TE P/N 200276 T. Looks to be all trashed out, I was able to salvage numbers off most of the bearings and seals but Id like to know if there's any shims and also the correct order of the parts as they go back together. Just wondering if there's anything missing. I've tried googling it but i get about 300 pages of stuff I don't need. Thanks a lot for all the support and help. 8)

BargeMonkey

I had awesome luck with Timberparts out of Canada for my 230, everything was on the shelf. dont know where you are in the UP but Lakeshore has always treated me well, maybe they have some parts or machine for salvage sitting there.

Stroker-Ace

Thanks for the tip. Lakeshore is about 2.5 hrs from me. I will contact them when i know what parts I might need.

sandersen

IT'S A BEAUTY!  GOOD LUCK.
"Make every step count."

Stroker-Ace

Ok got the t case pulled apart and drained the 1/2 gallon or so of water!! :'( out of it.  Needless to say the pto and t case bearings are all cooked. Gears appear to be ok. Going to get seals and bearings ordered. Me and my 3rd oldest son are in the process of pulling the engine out of her now. Going to try and pull engin and tranny together. Tranny had a bearing noise too so I may as well take a look at that too. One thing Im finding is there is orange paint under the red. But it looks like somebody did a real good job painting red on everything. Just wondering if its possible it was repainted at the factory or did someone do an exceptional job way back when? I the correct color orange or red? Once Im restoring it i want it to be correct. Thanks for the help.

Stroker-Ace

Restoring an old Timberjack 209D. Had another thread going but looks like it died. Im wondering if theres anybody out there that has an old jack with nice decals on it that wouldnt mind taking pics of them and emailing them to me? Havent been able to find a source for any of them. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you. My email is stroker.acemc@gmail.com

sandersen

You may have to have them custom made by a sign company.  As long as you give them a photo or photocopy of what you want they can usually plug it into a computer program and make an exact copy.  You can go online, save, and printout several different Timberjack emblems from various sites.  I've done just that anticipating the same thing down the road...although I'm a long ways away from that point.  On a photocopier, I enlarged the old original laughing donkey before they squared it off in later years (T-jack nuts will know what I mean) and plan to use a plasma cutter to make an indestructible plaque  to mount on the sides. (yeah I'm weird, I know).  But like we used to say, the laughing donkey was trademarked by Timberland Ellicot because the corporate executives secretly believed anyone who tried to make a living with a chainsaw and skidder was a just a dang jackass. Of which I plead guilty.  But that particular trademark was a stroke of business genius...it's immediately eye-grabbing and completely unique.  And I love it. (yeah I'm weird, I know).

"Make every step count."

beenthere

Waiting for you to update us on your progress the last three weeks.  ;)
south central Wisconsin

Jeff

Old topics never die. I'll merge this one to the old one.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mooseknuckle

I got all my TJ decals from Trades of the world website. Got the stickers made up and they look mint on the 230.  Heres a little sneak peek!!!

Pioneer P51 is look'n for a Buddy!!

lopet

Are you sure you wanna take that baby to the bush moose ?  Looks great. smiley_thumbsup
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Thank You Sponsors!