iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Few firewood pics

Started by Odm1008, April 22, 2018, 11:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odm1008

Long time lurker figured I'd try to contribute some, I'm not the best with computers so be patient lol some pics of my firewood operation and some of my equipment

running some husqvarnas a 51 a 562xp a 390xp a 35 ton splitter, case 85xt skidsteer with grapple and a John Deere 410 backhoe and have central boiler own 

Odm1008

Odm1008

I'll add more pics when I get them off my other phones I recently added Ott track to the skidsteer. But now I'm having issues with the left side. It's not as smooth as the right and slower not sure if I have a pump going or drive motor, I'm kinda new to hydralics but have worked on many vehicals and other mechanical stuff

mike_belben

Welcome aboard.  Im pretty much doing same as you but with a junk gas powered bobcat, probably the same splitter.  Dumptruck would be huge improvement for me.  How do you dump the totes, just flip em??  

Im trying to reduce re-handling same piece.  Only stacking about 10% of it for pickup customers.  Piling and scooping all the delivery wood into a measured trailer.  Built a rock bucket for shaking the bark and dirt out first.  Gonna try to build a covered crib this season so i can drive against the wall and get a full scoop.

Is your hydrostat squeeling when you call for travel?
Praise The Lord

Odm1008

Just started using the totes so not sure how I'm going get the wood out, thought about cutting the front bars out of one but leave the top one in for support and seeing if it dumps out  like that.
  Before the case, I was running a 610 bobcat with a gas Wisconsin engine, good machine for snow and firewood but to light and gutless for real dirt work.
No squels in the hydralics with the case, just not as smooth and lacks some power compared to right side, I do notice the parking lamp flickers when I'm under load but only when using left side. Maybe pressure is dropping letting brake start to engage? I need to get some pressure gauges and do some test I think

Blue Noser

Quote from: mike_belben on April 22, 2018, 01:49:29 PM
Welcome aboard.  Im pretty much doing same as you but with a junk gas powered bobcat, probably the same splitter.  Dumptruck would be huge improvement for me.  How do you dump the totes, just flip em??  

Im trying to reduce re-handling same piece.  Only stacking about 10% of it for pickup customers.  Piling and scooping all the delivery wood into a measured trailer.  Built a rock bucket for shaking the bark and dirt out first.  Gonna try to build a covered crib this season so i can drive against the wall and get a full scoop.

Is your hydrostat squeeling when you call for travel?
My father often uses those metal frames as a way to stack the "ends" when cutting random-length firewood. When he wants to move the wood to the house he just scoops underneath the bin with the tractor bucket and tips it over.

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Odm1008

I've tried skidding logs out with my skidsteer but driving backwards for any amount of time drives me nuts and it doesn't work to well pulling from the back. I'd like to get a tractor to skid with someday. I've been thinking about taking the totes right to the wood cut n split and put in tote and haul out on pallet forks might save some handling

thecfarm

Odm1008,like that grapple. I see a rock picker upper. ;D 
Give the tote in the woods a try. We all have diffeant ways of getting our wood. I have actually started on my wood.  :o  Not much drying with my wood,I mostly cut dead stuff. But will cut a live tree that looks bad.I had my land logged and am picking up what was left behind.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

John Mc

Quote from: Odm1008 on April 24, 2018, 06:08:14 AM
I've tried skidding logs out with my skidsteer but driving backwards for any amount of time drives me nuts and it doesn't work to well pulling from the back. I'd like to get a tractor to skid with someday. I've been thinking about taking the totes right to the wood cut n split and put in tote and haul out on pallet forks might save some handling
I do a fair amount of my splitting right in the woods. I drop the trees, use the logging winch on my tractor to bunch them trailside, then cut and split right into my trailer.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Thank You Sponsors!