iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fruit from fir trees

Started by Chuck De Luck, August 18, 2014, 12:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck De Luck

Howdy all from Idaho.
New member here, running a LT40 for fun and profit this Summer. And I just wanted to show off, er share the fruits of my labors so far.
Got my hands on the Mizer last Fall and repaired it for the owner who lets me use it for him and myself. I just finished a couple bed frames for the new yurt at the lodge he owns, cut a bunch of heavy railings, 4x6x16' for another of his restaurant rebuilds in the Sawtooth valley and  the USFS hired me to slab a Douglas fir for foot treads to repair the foot bridges burnt by last years fires.
    So I used the money to replace the saws that were dying from 20 years of log home construction for the "leets" here in Sun Valley.  ( leets, nickname for the "elites" and their mega mansion homes and money).
  One of the old saws
https://forestryforum.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=163731#top_display_media

You can look back on the blog to see prior events, and a link on my main page to a bunch of youtube videos while I was learning the saw and the Gopro camera before I had a website.    http://www.arppworks.com/blog

I have already found useful information here, like the " cookie cutter " jig for the saw. Now I was thinking, and had built a wooden jig, for cutting legs for smaller benches so that a minimum of sanding would be needed to make both ends plane and flat.
  Unfortunately I forgot a generator next day and had to chainsaw it up to get it off the Mizer.

I hope to learn and share here on the forum.

TTFN
Stihl .044, . MS441, MS171
LT40

thecfarm

Chuck De Luck,welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are keeping busy.
Here's some help on getting the picture in the post. You did a good job.

I like to go to whatever post or start a new topic first to include a picture.Go to your gallery,it will open in a new window.Click onto your album,then click onto whatever picture you want,it will get bigger,than scroll down a little to find,Insert Image In Post,click onto that,click Yes and that is it. Some have to copy/paste the link to work.I like to hit the enter key at least once or twice to move the picture down away from what I am typing. The enter key really helps to leave some white space if posting more than one picture. Somewheres I think it says to add 10,000 to your user number or something like that to make a clickable icon to your gallery under your user name. Use the preview button to see how it looks and modify it if needed.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Chuck De Luck
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Hello Chuck De Luck, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  Congrats on the projects that you are able to do with the sawmill's help.  I love your RV.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mikeb1079

that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

drobertson

Like the pictures and the landscape! Good job on the mill getting it going and making things happen too.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!