iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lucas mill waste

Started by Dan_F, November 24, 2005, 04:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_F

I have a lucas mill and take 1x2's and 1x1's off when I can but don't really know what to do with the rest of the waste. The bottom of the log I found a maket for. I tried cutting kindling with a jig but now just have cords of kindling sitting around. Now I'm thinking of burning or burying it. Any ideas? It is about 50,000 bdft of logs worth of waste currently, so they a enormous piles.
2001 F-350 flatbed dump, JD 550, Kubota L48, Cat 966, Cat D7, Lucas 613, 14 husqvarnas

DonE911

Thats alot of kindl'n !!

I've been using some of my wast to pile on the downhill section of a driveway....   building a retaining wall of sorts....  I plan on building the wall up with scraps and then filling in the hill to length'n the driveway a little.  Letting the waste material hold the dirt ... I know its not going to last forever... but I aint gonna live forever either.

I use a lot of it as firewood and kindl'n like you do... I sell the pine sawdust and spread the hardwood sawdust on my paths thru the woods and around the house.....   I can see it getting away from me though.  I have spent entire days stacking the retaining wall and spreading sawdust...   I have not cut nearly the BF with my Peterson as you have with your Lucas.

Dakota

I just stack it in a big pile in the middle of one of the meadows.  When there is about 3' of snow on the ground, I snowmobile in and burn it.
Dakota
Dave Rinker

slowzuki

It funny here the mills can't keep up with the scavengers!  They put the slab pile out by the road and people just come and take it.  Its a race to get some before others get it.

Do you know anyone with a big wood furnace?  The landfill here has a big outdoor boiler to heat the whole place and they burn as much construction waste and logs as they can.

getoverit

My dad had about 30  five gallon cans that had held diesel fuel in that he wanted to get rid of. He set them out by the road thinking that someone would come along and take them, but nobody did after 3 weeks of sitting there. He then put a sign up that read "Private Property" in front of the cans, and wha-laa, someone came along and "stole" all 30 of them  :D
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Thank You Sponsors!